Saturday 2 April 2022

Tank You

Good evening. 
It's time for a brand new challenge at HLS CAS and here's what I came up with using this month's cue card.



I came up with a tank of tropical fish, using MFT's Gill Friends again. Just like London buses, not used for month's then twice in a month!!
I stamped a few of the different smaller images along with some of the sea weed ones, coloured with Copics and fussy cut them out.
The aquarium was made from a die cut panel of white card which I inked with a mix of Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio DI and spritzed it with a fine mist of water, mopping up the water to remove a subtle amount of ink. This effect gives a mottled effect that appealed. My tank base was a strip of pale cream card which I coloured with Copics and attached to the base of the tank rectangle before adding my fussy cut foliage. 
The small fish were then glued in place and the completed panel added to an A6 drab green card base.
White space doesn't need to be white, just empty!
Using Versamark and white EP, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment.

So where will the cue card take you? We'd love to see you in the gallery this month BUT please keep your entries CAS!
There's more fab tropical inspiration from the rest of the DT here if you need it.

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet card, Jules. I love your tropical sea full of beautiful and colorful fish. Perfect inspiration for our challenge
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tropical colours you used here, Jules and the way you created the tank!
    Hope you are well,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and a fun pun sentiment.
    Lovely work.
    C x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)