Monday 11 April 2022

Playing on a Sunday Afternoon

Good morning all. 

After a busy day in the garden yesterday, I decided to have a chill session playing in the craft room before tea. One of my DT commitments was proving tricky so I gave up and got my alcohol inks out and had a play. The ladies at JUGS want foil on alcohol inked backgrounds so, I looked at my few inks and decided to go with a wintry sky look. I'm still running behind in my efforts to make Christmas cards all through the year, I know, nothing for ages then like London buses two in a row! Here's what I finally ended up with.


I used Sailboat Blue and Turquoise on a thin scrap of Yupo paper, messing around with blender solution, foil and blending tool, I came up with this. Well part of the strip, there's another half left that I can use for another card. 
The foil adheres to the sticky edges of the pooled ink so you have to be quick applying it, I chose silver to go with the blue, then trimmed my panel down and added the little wintry scene using that Marianne tree scape die and a die cut tiny IO deer. The sentiment was stamped onto a white A6 base card and embossed in silver EP, then the finished panel was added on foam pads.
That's one more for the Christmas stash!

Joining in over at:-


#13

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful AI panel with silver foil Jules. Love the gorgeous background with the all white winter scene. Looks like you had lots of fun playing with your AIs yesterday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely wintry scene, the silver is a lovely touch on your inky sky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic use of the inked panel it does indeed look like a winter sky.The white die cuts add to the drama of the card.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background and winter scene! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Julie what a lovely background you have here - so wintery and such a softness with the silver shimmer. Lovely scene! Thanks so much for adding to our Gallery at JUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous--love that focus panel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous background and fabulous design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)