Sunday 10 April 2022

Dreaming of a White Christmas?

 Good morning folks, hope you're having a fab weekend. 

The sun might be shining now but there has been quite a nip in the air first thing in the morning these last couple of days, in fact when we took the dog out yesterday there was a little bit of icy snow left from a night time shower, in the shadier parts of the field! It just goes to show that even as we approach the Easter weekend, there can still be a sting in nature's tail! In fact I do remember a few years back we awoke to a complete white out on Easter Sunday, the snow was quite thick but it had gone by lunchtime.

That's my type of snow, doesn't hang around for too long, and it reminded me that over at Christmas with the Cuties their theme is I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas, not that I am. Snow is fine when you haven't got people visiting or places to go!

Anyway, I thought this card perfectly summed up the theme.



Over at As You like it, their theme is Recycle or Buy new, well I'm always trying to use up all my bits and bobs leftover from other projects, must be the Yorkshire gal coming out! This card uses bits from the leftover box for the snowflake frame, pale wintry sky DP as well as the die cut landscape, however I did have to print off the darker falling snow DP as I didn't have enough of it leftover. The trick to using different pieces of white together, is to either use DP between them or emboss it. The slight differences in the white is then not quite so obvious, such as here where the frame is different from the base card and background die cut landscape.
The couple wrapped up in their winter clothes is a digi from LOTV which I coloured with Copics and fussy cut. The snowflake frame was cut and then embossed with a small freebie snowflake EF and the landscape of fir trees, is cut using a Marianne die in two layers.
The sentiment from Uniko completes.

Here's a pic of that snowy Easter Sunday 2008 I found.



Joining in over at:-

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Recycle or Buy New

3 comments:

  1. These really are little cuties enjoying the falling snow, Jules. Adorable scene, and wonderful colouring of your images. The little girl's dress and the boys jacket look like dark blue velvet. And always great to use up some leftover snippets.

    It's going to be colder here over night for the next few nights. Don't think we'll have snow, but definitely frost on the ground. But the day temps are fairly warm, in the double digits. Seems like a late start to Spring here too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great LOTV stamp and such a great way to use it Julie. A great tip for using different shades of white too, I can't count the number of times that I have grabbed a snippet of white only to find that it's a different white. Thank you for sharing with The Cutie Pies and AYLI. I have a photograph of the boys building a snowman in May 1997, this far south we rarely get any at all so that was quite a shock, particularly that morning when Martin had got up to go milking and came back into the house to tell me!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - love how you used the die cut frame.

    Thanks for joining us at Christmas With the Cuties.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)