Tuesday 5 April 2022

Computer Fun

Good morning, time for a brand new challenge at Cardz4Guyz
This time our theme is:-

ADD TEXTURE

There are lots of ways that you can add texture to a card but my favourite way is to use an embossing folder. It's a great way to lift a large area of blank space without overpowering the design. Here's my take.


I used one of my favourite layouts for this design and LOTV's Computer Fun as the focus. The DP is from a paper pad that LOTV sold quite awhile ago, I'm eking it out but I think you can get something similar to download from NitWits.
To begin, I took a 5 x 7 white base card and added the red and small circle DP, then took a panel of matching white card, cut out a circle before embossing with a Darice diagonal stripe EF, the girls at Seize the Birthday are asking us to Stripe it up! It had to be done in two stages as it was too big for the EF, but the die cut circular frame hides any errors!
The die cut frame was made using 2 circle dies and some of the same white card, then I cut a panel of text DP from the set using the same die as I used for the opening in the white panel.
To assemble, I laid my embossed panel over the base card in my MISTI. Using the magnets to secure the panel, I drew a faint pencil line around the inside edge of the circle, removed the embossed layer and glued the text DP in place inside the pencil line. 
The frame was added to the embossed panel and then the whole panel was added on foam pads over the base card.
My little computer fan was stamped, coloured with Copics and fussy cut before placing him over the opening and gluing him down with a mix of foam pads and glue.
The greeting is an LOTV stamped sentiment on a die cut banner and the name is made up of letters cut from scrap white card with Altenew's slim alphabet dies, coloured with red Copic marker to match the red side panels.

So that's my take, but where will the theme take you?
We'd love to see your take in the gallery.
For more masculine ideas, check out the rest of the team here.

Joining in over at:-

4 comments:

  1. Ben is gonna love it!! Fantastic coloring and I love just love the subtle texture you included!! Way to go inspiring those who decide to play along with our new "add texture" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card for a special little guy! I love the texture a great way to get the stripes in for this challenge. Good to see you here at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, You are such a versatile card maker and let me just say that I ALWAYS love your masculine cards! Great coloring, layout and fussy cutting too! Perfect way to add in the topping too! Well done and thanks for being with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this image and am wracking my brain trying to figure out LOTV stands for so I can take a look-see. I love your embossed stripes. They make for a fun take on our Topping. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Seize the Birthday challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)