Friday 16 July 2021

Uniko Challenge #66

Good morning. It's been a busy few days here in the craftroom and I'm here again to let you know that there is a brand new challenge starting over at Uniko. Here's my take on it.



I love the combination of the soft green polka dot background and the bright pink gerbera.
I don't make many slimline cards, they were something I made many years ago when I first started making cards but they have made a resurgence in recent months. Recently, I even treated myself to some new dies to make slimline cards.
The background was made using the BB Scattered Polka Dots stamp, stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with white EP repeated over the length of the panel. Using some Bundle Sage DOx, I then added some colour. The choice of colour was influenced by the photo over at Inkspirational, loved the soft effect it gave. The Gerbera was stamped then colored with my Zig watercolour brushes and fussy cut. The white frame was cut using a Creative Expressions die and the opening made larger by cutting away the center on my trimmer, the original was a little too large for my tastes. As there was such a large space for my greeting, I added some die cut letters in white with a hint of black showing from behind and a a stamped sentiment from Pure Florals- Peony in white EP on black. All elements were glue flat onto the background.
So where will you go with this challenge, we'd love to see them in our gallery. There's more details to be found on the Uniko blog as well as links to all the BA's and GD Dhruvika's inspiration too.

I'd like to join in over at:-

4 comments:

  1. You are spot on there, the bright pink and soft green go so well together and I love the long slim design too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jules. Your background reminds me of a floaty summer dress material so it's perfect to match with the fabulous pink Gerbera. I need to invest in some slimline dies! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie! I, too, love your color combination, and those scattered polka dots are such a darling choice for our challenge this month! The Uniko Gerbera is my most favorite of all flower sets, in fact I've used it recently for an upcoming DT card. It's perfect isn't it? Thanks so much for sharing your lovely bright pink one with us at TFC!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful slimline design. I really like how that big bold flower stands in contrast to the soft colored background. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)