Friday 2 April 2021

Uniko Challenge reminder

Good morning and welcome to my post to remind you that there is still time to enter the latest challenge over at Uniko. Here is my inspiration for you.




In my first card here I went with the daffodils in the photo as my first signs of spring and are definitely something to lift the spirits but this time I brought out my Spring Botanicals - Tulip. Tulips emerge a little later than the daffs and I have to grow mine in pots because of the soil conditions but in the proper place they look fabulous en masse, in all colours and shades, I can also see them better as they are near the patio doors!
I went with the en masse theme rather than the specimen bloom for my card, masking and stamping with Versamark before heat embossing with white EP on mixed Media paper. I then watercoloured the blooms with a selection of DIs including Twisted Citron for the leaves and stems and Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry and Carved Pumpkin for the flower heads. The background is a wash of Salty Ocean. I added a little bit of shadow to the leaves and stems with Mowed Lawn. 
When dry I used an MFT pierced rectangle die to cut my panel. The sentiment from the same set was stamped on a white strip in black and the finished panel added on pads to a faux linen base card.

For more Signs of Spring/ Easter inspiration check out the rest of the team and our GD Stephanie here.

I'm joining in over at:-

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful Julie, such wonderful colouring and choice of colours and I love you popped this up and made it still look so CAS. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What glorious colours you chose here Julie. Not sure where my tulips are this year...I suspect the flipping rabbit ate them as well as my crocuses...lucky Martin has given up shooting!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Julie. Your coloring is awesome, and the blue background is fantastic. What a glorious spring greeting! It has been a joy to Guest Design the Uniko Ambassadors. Thanks for having me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful Julie. Love your choice of colours. Happy Easter with hugs, Sue. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful pastels! Love your card!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)