Friday 19 March 2021

Uniko -March Challenge

Good morning folks, it's time for a new challenge over at Uniko.  

Here's my card based on this month's theme.


The day I made this card the sky was blue and the daffodils at the top of the drive by the road, were just showing a bit of colour, heralding the start of spring. So using Spring Botanicals - Daffodil, I created this little group in homage, by stamping, masking and heat embossing with white EP. I then went in and coloured the blooms with a mix of Mustard Seed and Wild Honey DIs, adding shadows with a blue grey Zig watercolour pen. Over the top of the yellow on the leaves, I added a wash of Salty Ocean to create the green stems. 
The sky is a mix of Salty Ocean and Blueprint Sketch, which I blended in with water past the yellow blooms. I mixed Mustard Seed with Salty Ocean that was left on my palette and washed that in between the stems, adding extra yellow for texture. I then masked all the blooms and over stamped with one of the Nature's Treasures (retired) foliage stamp with Salty Ocean and added a few flicks with the Zig pen. When dry I went in with the Zig pen and defined the shadows a bit more.
My white heat embossed sentiment from the same set completes. The finished panel was trimmed and then added to an A6 top fold card.
So where will you go, we'd love to see your interpretations in the gallery. There's more inspiration from the team over at Uniko, if you need it.

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Julie. I love the way you lined up those wonderful daffodils on the diagonal and inked the sky and grass. Just a fabulous design. It is an honor to Guest Design for this Uniko challenge with such wonderful crafters. Thanks for having me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)