Thursday 1 April 2021

Color Hues #15

As I said earlier today, it might be April 1st but there is no pranking on this blog! Anyway tradition says that all April Fool's day pranks have to be done by noon or the joke is on the prankster!
The new challenge at Color Hues is launched and it was my turn to choose the colours, so I went all spring like and chose pink and green. Here is my card using those colours and shades there of!



The colours shouted flowers but which sets to use?!
In the end I decided to use my one and only Concord and 9th set, Blooms fill in. I'm never sure which is the right way up for this large stamp but I think that means it can be used both ways!
I used two sets of Altenew inks for this, Rose Petal and Tropical Forest. It makes life so much easier, when looking for matching shades of a colour as they've done the hard work! I chose the greens 1st because they are my favourites and second because they are crisp and fresh, perfect for a springtime card. The pinks chose themselves too, ranging from soft baby pink all the way to hot fushia pink!
Once I had stamped and filled in my panel, I couldn't decide how to complete the card so after a bit of googling, I went with a diagonal cut and partial die cut spray. The partial die cut posy was enhanced by the addition of die cut foliage in white and the darkest of greens, more detailed infill stamping and a stamped, die cut bloom. 
To complete, I added a thin line of the darkest green below the cut edge and a matching white strip to stamp my sentiment on. The finished panel was trimmed down to fit and added over an A6 white linen base card.
So for some fab DT inspiration check out the Color Hues site and why not join in.

6 comments:

  1. Julie, I have borrowed this stamp set from a friend, and just love it! Your card is a standout, with all this lovely Spring green, and lovely fresh pink! So beautiful!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Julie! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card, and my favourite colour combo too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, This is probably the first year my hubby hasn't fooled me on April 1st. He is Mr. Jokester that is for sure. This is a stunning card and layout! I love green as well! Your shades of color are just perfect! I am off to see if this stamp set is still available.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! I am in awe of how perfect your panel is (better than any patterned paper ever!) and the floral spray is just right. A total wow card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is absolutely gorgeous, and all the time and effort you put into it shows---and was definitely worth it! A wonderful design--and I love the pinks and greens you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)