Friday 20 November 2020

Uniko Challenge

 Morning all, time for a new challenge at Uniko
Here's my take on this latest challenge.



Who doesn't like a bit of sparkle at Christmas?
To start this design, I took an A6 panel of light blue card and created the halo effect by ink blending with a selection of DIs. I used Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers, working in from the edge to the middle and back out again. Once dry I added some gold embossing paste through the Let it Snow stencil around the edges of the inked panel. 
The BELIEVE was cut from sparkly, gold, glitter paper using alphabet dies and glued flat to the center of the inking. The rest of the sentiment from Most Wonderful was stamped and embossed in gold EP.
I thought it needed a little bit more sparkle and dark contrast, so stamped some snowflakes from Snowflake Serenade  in Altenew's Teal Cave ink and heat embossed some with sparkly gold EP.
To complete, I trimmed the panel down to create a border and added it to an A6, white, side fold base card.
Here's another card I made using the same halo effect but this time I used shades of red DI, Festive Berries, Barn Door and Aged Mahogany on red card.



 Not as many snowflakes over the inking this time and one large holographic one for added sparkle. Recognise it? It's the large snowflake die with the points cut away! I thought it was a little too large for the effect I wanted. The small, stamped, snowflakes from Stunning Snowflakes were stamped with the Aged Mahogany, 1st and 2nd generation stamping.
My sentiment banner is from the Pure Florals - Poinsettia set, gold heat embossing on black, which I glued flat onto the gold snowflake and the popped the whole snowflake up on pads over the background.

For more seasonal inspiration check out the rest of the team here, then why not get your sparkle on and join in. If you aren't into sparkle then we'd still like to see your festive makes.

I'd like to join in over at:-

I chose red and gold

                                                          Christmas


10 comments:

  1. The blue and gold look so lush together Julie, thanks so much for sharing and joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely cards, Jules, both so elegant

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely. Especially like the blue and gold one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards, the red one is so striking and elegant. Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely Julie, very grown up. The red is really eye catching xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colour combination and a really lovely stencil. Thank you for joining our 'Christmas' challenge at 'We love Chocolate Baroque

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab creation, thanks for joining We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow julie, these are both absolutely amazing! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful snowflake cards Jules. LOVE that you sponged over a colour background. It adds so much richness to the colour. Gorgeous gold embossed snowflakes and sentiment. The red card base is STUNNING with the bright gold snowflake. A real WOW! moment when you first see it! Love the black sentiment banner. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2 very striking cards. Love the halo effect you created. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)