Tuesday 3 November 2020

A new challenge at Cardz4Guyz

 Morning all, its come around to Tuesday again so its time for a new challenge at Cardz4Guyz.

This time we challenge you to make a card for:-

AN ADULT MALE BIRTHDAY

Well I just happened to have had a significant birthday to make for, for my OH and here is the card I made for him.


I used one of my go to layouts, originally from Sketch Saturday, using some NitWit papers and an LOTV image that reminds me of the OH and our little dog Max. He's small in stature but big on character, the dog not the other half!!
I had been tempted to make a big thing out of the fact that the OH was turning 65 and make that the focus of the design but in the end I went with this more subtle layout.

To start I stamped and coloured the little chap and his companion with Copic markers, then fussy cut him out. I cut a panel of white card and die cut a circular aperture from it and then used a hound's-tooth EF to create some texture on it. From some matching card I die cut the frame using two circle dies and added it to the embossed panel. The small circle that I cut from the panel, I inked using a cloud stencil and some Salty Ocean DI to create a background.
To put it all together, I cut a piece of scrap paper the same size as the embossed panel and laid the embossed panel over it before carefully gluing the now inked circle back flat into the aperture. My fussy cut gent was attached to the panel then added with foam pads. 
On a 5 x 7 white base card, I added strips of DP before adding the completed front panel. A sentiment strip stamped in dark brown and brown die cut numerals was added to complete.

For more masculine inspiration please check out the rest of the team here, then why not join in?

I'd like to join in over at:-





5 comments:

  1. I'm sure dad liked it. Certainly makes me think of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! I guess we should all be adulting by 65!! Tee hee!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een lief kaartje
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect image Julie and the layout is great. I bet he loved the nod to Max and himself!! Hope you managed to mark the occasion before Lockdown #2!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING card Jules! I LOVE the sweet scene you've created. Your hubby will love this card! Happy Birthday to him! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)