Wednesday 1 April 2020

STAMPlorations' April theme and photo prompt challenge

A new month is here and it's time for a new challenge over at STAMPlorations' Theme and Photo challenge.
Here's my card for your inspiration.



I had thought of going literal but I don't have the Citrus set, so I went through my stash and decided that the Bloomdala Bliss dies might work.
Rifling through my scraps box, I selected a few pieces of coloured, textured card. They are mainly leftovers from other projects, some are inked and stamped some just inked, it didn't matter really just that they needed to be citrusy!
From a panel of kraft card I die cut four large dies and then using  the daisy dies from Trendy Spring Blooms, I cut the rest. I cut them all again from white card and glued the large die cuts to pieces of cooured card, trimming them down to size before adding them to the kraft panel, which I had darkened by inking with some Vintage Photo DI. If you pop the sections through from the back you can secure them temporarily with tape before gluing the finished panel onto a white A6 card base.
The daisies looked a little plain in comparison to the mandelas, so I added some white gel pen detail.

The sentiment from Art Expressions seemed apt and I die cut the panel using the small square from the Basic A2 nesting panel die set, before adding a slightly larger piece of the same scrap card and glued it onto my finished design.

Inspired by the theme or photo? Please just keep in mind these simple rules:
  • Link up any type of project(s) based on the theme, the photo, or both.
  • You must use stamps in your project(s) -- rubber, clear, or digi from any company. Non-STAMPlorations stamps are OK.
  • Link up to 6 entries and link up to as many other challenges as you want.
  • You must display the challenge graphic in your post (if linking from your blog) and link back to the challenge post (not just the main blog) in order to be eligible to win (and receive the corresponding prize).
  • Link up by April 30, 11:55 p.m. Pacific time
Prizes:
  • The winner will receive a $15 gift certificate.
  • The runner up will receive a $10 gift certificate
  • Three (3) randomly drawn crafters will each receive a $5 gift certificate.

5 comments:

  1. Wauw wat een prachtig kaart mooi de vrolijke kleuren
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wonderful colors and love the die cuts.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. So freaking stunning and I'm so impressed by the amount of work that went into this one. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the color peeks out from the doilies. Happy and cheerful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)