Wednesday 15 April 2020

STAMPlorations April Challenges - a reminder

We are halfway through the month so it's time to remind you that there's still time for you to join in with us over at STAMPlorations for the Theme and Photo prompt challenge, as well as the other STAMPlorations challenges.

Here is my take on this months theme.


Waste not want not, I found this panel of pink butterflies in my to use box, I can't remember when I made it but it fits the theme for this month perfectly.


The panel was made by layering up stamped and embossed images then inking after each layer, here I used Picked Raspberry DI and Trendy Butterflies, the large ones in reverse!
The technique called embossed layer resist, is shown in detail here.

I went one step further with the finished panel by die cutting a couple of the solid Flutter Zen 1 butterflies and some small punched butterflies from it.
I then cut some pink craft foam and mounted the large butterflies on top before replacing them in the panel. I tried to do the same with the small ones but the foam was too thick so I used a couple of layers of punched card instead. I also added a little wink of Stella over the tiny popped up butterflies for more interest. The panel and popped up butterflies were then glued to an A6 base card.

The sentiment was made by die cutting from black card the Magical word die and two sentiment dies from the Everyday Sentiment set. The larger element I popped over the two large raised butterflies and then added the two halves of the small elements to a strip of white card. Where the letters of Magical missed the raised areas, I added a small section of the die cut in  black craft foam to pop it up. A little bit of the Wink of Stella over the Magical completes.

More details on all the challenges and prizes can be found over at STAMPlorations.

I'm joining in over at:-

2 comments:

  1. Don'y you just love when you find something in your bits of boxes that is finally put ot great use! This card is wonderful! I am a sucker for pink and butterflies so it really speaks to me. So happy you joined us at Seize the Birthday and check back tomorrow as we have an special challenge starting then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find! I adore your field of pink butterflies. Thanks fo sharing them with us at Seize the Birthday.
    Barbra DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)