Tuesday 7 April 2020

Fisherman's Wharf

Good morning all.
Hope all is well with you and yours.
With so much time on my hands these past few weeks and the mojo not particularly functioning, I had a tidy up of my stash and it reminded me of a couple of stamp sets that had sat there unloved for nearly a year.
One of them was perfect for the new challenge at Cardz4Guyz.

ON or BY THE SEA

Here is my card using the NEBUS stamp Fisherman's Wharf by Creative Endeavours.


I spotted the stand at last years Port Sunlight Happy Stampers fair. The samples were stunning, more like paintings than other stamps and I was immediately drawn to them. I could have blown the bank but instead I kept it to just three stamp sets!

This example is a really large scene one and I decided to take a leaf from the ideas at the show and kept the design very simple, allowing the stamp to shine.
First I took a square panel of watercolour paper and stamped the wharf with black ink and then quickly embossed with a semi dull clear EP. I then masked the edges with painter's tape and added the sky and exposed sand with washes of DI. To give a sense of depth, I added Tea Dye to the foreground and then washed in some Mustard Seed over the top.
For the sky I first added plain old water and then washes of Salty Ocean and Blueprint Sketch to the top. The clouds were lifted out with a piece of kitchen roll to soften the edges.

I left the busy row of houses and quayside plain as I quite liked the look. Once dry I removed the tape, added a black border and mounted it on pads over a large 8 x 8 white base card, that has been in my stash since I started card making over 10 years ago.
There is no sentiment as I didn't want to detract from the image but the inside could be stamped with one for all sorts of occasions, birthday to retirement. It would also looked good framed and mounted as a gift.

So what will you find in your stash to use for this theme, we'd love to see, so why not join us here.

Joining in over at:-

Take It, Make It Challenge     Grab our badge to display on your blog

Grab our logo
Something Old - the card base
Something New - the stamp
Something blue - the sky!

14 comments:

  1. First time for me that I have seen these stamps - love this card so several have just found their way into a basket... so much for using your 'never before used stash' - I am buying more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing that stall at PS, Julie and I love what you did with this stamp. The watercolouring is gorgeous and I think you were so right to let the image speak for itself.

    I hope you are all staying safe and well in these strange days. I can't seem to settle to anything and keep faffing about with something and then moving onto the next thing. I need to have a firm talk with myself and get on with sorting out my craft space.
    Take care.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely creation, great image and design. Thank you for joining our 'Old, New, Borrowed, Blue' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous scenic card. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely frame this one Julie, it is fantastic. Your cloud filled sky is brilliant. I cannot seem to concentrate on crafting at the moment, have lots of DT work to prepare and inspiration is definitely lacking. A spell on Pinterest is in order I think!! Hope you and yours are keeping well xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love how you've created this. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant, Jules! Adding the black line has framed it and made it look even more like a painting in a gallery! I can see why you wanted the image and I'm so glad it finally got some love! Your sky is amazing! Take care, be safe, and thank you for sharing at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! Loving the way your sky turned out, thanks for sharing how you made the clouds!
    And thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely beachfront village - spotted this over at NBUS. Just love the clouds you created and the warm beach, leaving the village uncolored - great look!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, Julie. Love that image and your coloring of it. The sky is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Beautiful tranquil scene, thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts Easter challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous scene .... wish I was there. I love how you've kept the colour top and bottom and left the image black and white .... looks fab. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I fell in love with those stamps too... I have a few sets and need more! So many stamps, so little time... Your scene looks great with just sky and beach coloured, as if bleached by sunlight. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)