Wednesday 29 April 2020

Smile!

Have you ever made a card for a DT then realised that the challenge that inspired you is about to close before you need it to? Well it happened to me this week. I know many of you are having trouble getting inspired for one reason or another at the mo and look for inspiration in challenges, I was too. I saw the sketch over at the Paper Players and thought I could use it for a DT card but then realised it wouldn't work in my time frame, I also saw the colour challenge at Sunday Stamps and forgot to check the cut off. However by that time, I had already coloured my image, so waste not want not here is the card.


The sketch reminded me of this polaroid die cut from Kaisercraft I've had for years and only used the once til now. The happy smiling ladies are from AI, called Crazy Friends. The sentiment is a composite from a couple of Uniko sets. After colouring the ladies with Copics to match the colour swatch, I replaced the panel back into the frame and glued the lot onto a scrap of white copy paper before adding it to the A6 card with foam, simples.

Joining in over at:-

    

9 comments:

  1. Haha wat een leuke vrolijk kaart
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Fun ladies and perfect way to use those colors. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a happy card - so good to see ladies having fun! Brilliant coloring, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julie! Boy - I have SO been there on the challenge closing thing! :( But I am so glad you were still able to play with ours - this Polaroid of the two friends enjoying a day is too cute - and you really did an awesome job coloring them! Thank you so much for sharing your project with us this week at The Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie - I love this Polaroid die cut and the "photo" you created with it! Your coloring of these two friends enjoying a day-out is wonderful!! Thank you so much for sharing your projects with us this week at The Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great combo of the challenges and nice way to use our colors. Such a fun card! Thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That often happens to me Julie...I make a list of challenges, have a make in mind and miss the closing date!! Sorry you missed yours with this one but it is a winner anyway. Those ladies look like they have had one too many sherries!! Such a fun card xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL...this would bring a smile to anyone's face! Your coloring is fabulous! What a fun design! I have missed deadlines, too...I just this week started a "Challenge Notebook" and am writing down the challenges in which I want to participate! So far it's worked great! Thanks for playing with our sketch this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This did make me smile Jules! LOVE those crazy ladies! Great card! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)