Monday 13 April 2020

Altenew's April Challenge

Morning all.
Hope you've had a good Easter so far, the weather has been great, even if we have to stay home to enjoy it. In fact the sun has been so hot here that I had to escape into the house to shelter from the strongest of the mid afternoon rays. 
I don't know about you but my craft mojo has been missing recently and I couldn't settle to anything but I made the effort to get messy after seeing the latest challenge over at Altenew.
I watched the video by Nicole on how the background for the inspiration was created and decided to have a go, mixing Copic refill inks on Yupo paper with isopropyl alcohol and adding some platinum fine EP whilst still damp. I loved the way the EP left a textured look, very reminiscent of the lava rocks in the photo.
So here is my take on this month's theme.


On top of my panel I used the largest poppy bloom from Poppy Garden and the smaller sprays from the set, coloured with Copic markers. I stamped and embossed with platinum EP some sprays of foliage from Wildflower Garden, fussy cutting all the elements before arranging them in the corner of the panel which I attached to an A6 note card. The sentiment Hello, free in a mag, was stamped and embossed with clear EP before being fussy cut and then added above my sentiment strip.

The photo of the stacked rocks put me in mind of some the OH took on the beach near Brid a good few years ago. He got very artsy with this example!


Mine was a bit more prosaic!


On another note, the swallows arrived in the farm yard last week, only 3 so far but they are certainly making their presence felt, chattering as they fly around. We have a pair of wagtails nesting in the planter by the patio doors and the birds are singing in the hedgerows, so nature is getting on with business as usual. We are so lucky to be able to wander our fields but if you aren't, please enjoy your gardens or window boxes and stay safe!

Joining in over at:-

    Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog
                                                     AG

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful floral card! Loving the background you created for the pretty flowers!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card, the pink and grey look lovely together and the background is gorgeous. It has been bitterly cold here today so the shorts have been put away again after being worn yesterday!! I heard the cuckoo this morning but no swallows here yet. Keep well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Schitterende kaart
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)