Tuesday 6 November 2018

Winter Blues C4G

Morning all, it's time for a brand new challenge over at Cardz4Guyz.
This time our theme is -

WINTER BLUES

So projects of a wintery nature in blue, simples!
Here is my card.


When I went shopping on Friday the supermarket staff were putting out the Christmas decorations already! They could have waited until after Bonfire night, couldn't they?
Anyway I do like a decorative bauble so went with that idea for my card.
It's quite simple to make, just 2 circles of white card. Ink one with shades of blue to make a night sky, I used DI in Chipped Sapphire, Salty Ocean and Blueprint Sketch, adding in a few stars with a white gel pen. Keep the center lighter then it looks like the bauble has some depth! 
From the second I cut my snowy silhouette using STAMPlorations Winter Landscape and from the other side of that circle I cut a drift of snow using the same die but trimmed the trees off!
The snow drift was glued onto the silhouette section then the whole was popped up on pads over the night sky layer. 
On a trimmed down panel of white card I stamped Uniko's sentiment in Memento Paris Dusk and added some silver ribbon from which to hang my bauble. The layered circle was placed over the ribbon and then a small matching bow added before the completed panel was glued flat onto my base card. 
OK, that's it from me but there's more masculine inspiration over on the Cardz4Guyz blog.
Check it out and then why not join us?

Joining in over at:- 

    

8 comments:

  1. A lovely bauble Julie. Your shading certainly gives it dimension and I love the twinkly night time scene. We have had a blustery old day here, leaves everywhere!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this design Jules! Gorgeous night sky and clever way to use circles to create a beautiful ornament. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this very simple card hun. The sky is beautiful. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules, I am swooning over this brilliant design! You really colored it perfectly to give it depth and make it look like a rounded ornament attached to your card! Breathtaking!! ❤Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is right up my street, Jules! Fabulous depth of blending on your night sky and I love the whole scene in a bauble concept. Gorgeously CAS and dimensional. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, this is absolutely gorgeous ! Blue and white are my favourite colour combo. Love this beautiful bauble and the pretty winter scene you created. Perfect take on our challenge. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely added dimension to your lovely ornament, Julie. Thanks for sharing your CAS with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Beautiful card. I love your winter scene. It looks like a parallel world contained in such a beautiful bubble of another world.
    Thank you for joining our fun at Happy Little Stampers Xmas.
    BożenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)