Saturday 10 November 2018

Congrats to the happy couple

Hi and welcome.
There have been a couple of weddings this week for my daughter and son, my son being Best Man for his bestie yesterday. Congrats to Holly and Ben. 
As it always is, the call of  'Mum, I need a card' came but when I went to design it I was unsure as to what to make. Being for my son to give I didn't want it to be too frilly and girly so went with a monochromatic palette, chic and classy so it will appeal to Holly too!


On a white 5 x 7 card I masked and stamped in Altenew's Silver Stone ink, the outline flower and solid leaf stem from Altenew's Beautiful You. 
The die cut 'Congrats' is from an ancient Cuttlebug plate die, cut from white card and inked with matching ink and a bit of clear Wink of Stella.
The sentiment strip cut with an MFT banner die was stamped in the same ink using a HLS sentiment. A few PPP clear sequins complete. Quite a quick card in the end and one I used to make another for my daughter's friend earlier in the week, but more of that later!

Joining in over at:-

Monochrome or Rainbow
I went with monochrome for a classy looking card. It might have flowers on it but I thought this understated style was perfect for my son to give to his best friend on his wedding day.

Wedding

Take It, Make It Challenge

8 comments:

  1. Very elegant Julie and the monochrome works really well. Lovely to see you at AYLI again xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful classy card hun. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful I love the ink used to stamp the flowers, so eye catching.Thank you so much for joining us, at the Flower Challenge this month. Always appreciate your taking the time to join in. Hugs Aileen Design Team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely chic and classy, Jules! The bride and groom will cherish this gorgeous keepsake card you've made for them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The masking is fabulous and the color scheme lovely, Julie. Thanks for sharing your wedding card with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful as always Julie, and so elegant. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card, love the colour. Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)