Tuesday 26 September 2017

From our home to yours

Hi and hope you are all as well as can be expected!

My son got a new sofa the other day and as we were due to visit along with our small dog Max I thought I better get a throw so that the dog didn't mess up the new pale grey sofa!
Anyway after picking one up in Dunelm, I just HAD to pop into The Range to see what they had.
After surfing the craft aisles I spied a Trim Craft street scene coverplate die which just happened to find it's way into my shopping basket! It was the perfect thing for this week's challenge at Cardz4Guyz.

ARCHITECTURE

I always wanted to be an architect and was always drawing floor plans and elevations of my ideal house when I was a young teenager. Sad to say I didn't go down that route, "Girls aren't architects", according to the school's careers officer. I should had stuck to my guns but by the time I had the confidence to stand up for myself, I had dropped the relevant O level subjects. I did finally get to design my ideal house though, but I had to make the most of an existing barn!
Any how, here is my card for your inspiration.


I didn't use the whole of the cover plate die, just the large foreground buildings, trimmed to fit a 5 x 7 base card and give me a border. I stuck it onto a piece of festive, red Argyll NitWits DP inked over with Candied Apple DI for a better colour. My printer doesn't print as well as it once did, the colours are washed out, not sure why. I decided to use red instead of blue just to ring the changes more than anything else!
I left some of the die cut bits in situ for texture without the colour. The sentiment is from a couple of Uniko sets, stamped in red and then embossed with clear EP. The finished panel was popped up on a fun foam panel on a white base card.
OK. that's it, simple, the die did all the work. Check out the rest of the girls here for more inspiration.

I'm joining in over at:-

For your blog    Grab It
                 Use a die cut                  #35 Anything Goes Christmas



7 comments:

  1. That's lovely, mum. Really striking against the red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Thanks for sharing!
    Janis, The Merry Christmas Challenge Owner/DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Christmas card. So pretty! Thanks for sharing at CAS on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! I love this!! The scene is beautiful and it's perfect against the red!!
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges!!
    Debbie (CCC DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice new die, Jules. Isn't it funny how crafting things just magically appear in our shopping basket when we are actually there to buy something completely different??!! :) The die looks fabulous with the red patterned background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny how things just find their way into our baskets isn't it. I love how that die looks against the red background. Great card. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fabulous die cut village, thanks for playing along at CCC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)