Thursday 14 September 2017

Welcome little one

Morning all.
Still no dry weather around here, so the hay is still standing in the field and we will probably need the tractor to cut the lawn! Hopefully the weather will stay dry for a couple of days so I can at least get the lawn cut asap!
Over at Cardz4Galz we have a new challenge for you.

WELCOME LITTLE BABY

So any birth related projects so long as they are of a feminine nature!
Here is my card for your inspiration.


Quite a simple one to make once I thought up the design but it went through a couple of redesigns and a lot of wasted silver mirri board before I ended up with this!
Originally I stamped my giraffe from STAMPlorations Tweet love, and made a frame from the mirri card but it was too small to enclose the image as I wanted it to. After a lot of faffing and panic that I would not get it done in time I glanced down and saw the die for the giraffe which matches the set and then went down a totally different route with just the negative space left from the die cut of the giraffe. The DP was from the scrap box and the bow was made with a scrap of ribbon I cut from a new top that kept poking out when I first wore it, coloured with a green Copic marker.
The sentiment is from another STAMPlorations set, Heaven Sent. I popped up the front panel over the dots and silver by cutting the same die from the center of a piece of fun foam and gluing it behind. I did this because the die cut is quite open and the foam supported the small edges better than bits of foam tape.

For more inspiration check out the rest of the team and why not join in.

I'd like to join in over at:-

New Badge!


5 comments:

  1. Well it was worth the effort Julie because it is a really lovely card. Our lawn is almost knee high and hasn't been cut for about ten days, Martin is the keen on the horses grazing it off!! Funny that!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the simplest cards are the result of tremendous hard labours, but so glad you persevered with this one Jules - your giraffe is adorable! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card!! Good Luck with your entry.
    Thank you for joining us at {Pin}spirational Challenge!
    Saba - DT
    Creative Paper Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *If this comment is late I apologize! I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an adorable card. I like the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)