Friday 29 September 2017

Remember this

Do you love a bargain, I do. My besty Di, told me that The Works had a great set of stacking and single dies in store and did I want her to get me some. Well as she was over not long after, we buzzed over to a branch and I couldn't resist, the prices were so cheap. Anyway while I was out the other day having a coffee with the OH, I spied a branch across the road so went in for a browse and came out with a few more including a fab oval scroll die I used in my inspiration card for the latest challenge over at the Alphabet Challenge blog where the theme is -

O is for OVALS

Here's my interpretation.


I die cut the frame from silver mirri card and again from a panel of fun foam. Leaving the fun foam die cut in the panel I cut it from, this stops it from loosing its shape, I glued the silver one on top. When dry, I removed both pieces from the fun foam panel. Must admit that the really tiny scrolls didn't fair well as I removed it, so I snipped the fun foam away from these! Setting aside, I then went looking for some flower stamps. I chose these fab blooms from Altenew's Remember This, stamping and embossing in white EP before fussy cutting. Then using the colours from Altenew's September challenge photo, I watercoloured the blooms with my Zigs and a water brush. When dry I arranged them around the frame. I decided that the plain base looked a little too plain so I splashed some of the Fushia Pink, Persian Green and a mixture of the two, makes a lovely purple, over a panel of the same card as the base before attaching the frame and flowers. The sentiment, also Altenew, was stamped on black and embossed in white and slipped under the blooms.
OK, that's it from me, please check out the rest of the DT here and why not join in.

Joining in over at:-

    

     

12 comments:

  1. my goodness, teamie! this is so adorable!

    hugs and kisses from germany, silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, Jules, that's a card fit for a queen! It is magnificent!! And your flower painting is flawless!! Thank you for playing again in my NBUS Challenge #12! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. Could you please identify the die used? It really is lovely as is your coloring on the Altenew flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said in the post its from a shop in the UK called The Works, although I believe they are available online @ TheWorks.co.uk. There is no other label on the package.

      Delete
    2. Julie, thanks for the reply. It seems all the things I love are from the UK!

      Delete
  4. This is stunning. I love the die and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, Jules. Love the elegant scroll from silver mirri card paired with your softly watercoloured flowers. The splashes of colour in the background are just perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a wonderful card. Great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card. Love the frame and your watercolouring is gorgeous. Beautiful colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous watercolours - a beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that you join the fun over Altenew September Inspiration Challenge! WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)