Tuesday 26 September 2017

May you never outgrow bubbles

Hi and welcome to a late night post to announce the start of a brand new challenge over at ATSM.
This week it is our free for all challenge -

ANYTHING GOES

This is great for participants but I never know what to go with as there are so many ideas floating around in my head! Anyway here is what I finally made as my inspiration for you.


I bought these cheeky StampingBella chicks a few weeks ago, I just couldn't resist, well could you?
They were put away for use later and then when I saw the sketch over at LIM, I knew I had to use them! The circles in the sketch made me think of the bubbles.
Must admit I took a bit of a liberty with their sketch in this layout, hope that's OK, the basis is the same just flipped! I investigated how to colour the bubbles, using my Copics and although I didn't have the same colours, the overall effect is very effective I believe. 
After colouring the chicks, I fussy cut them and placed them on a pain white base card, adding a few extra bubbles in between. I then popped the chicks up on pads, leaving the extras uncoloured. The sentiment was stamped onto a die cut banner and slipped under the popped up chicks. 
For more inspiration check out the rest of the team here.


Joining in over at :-

  
Hope it's not too much of a liberty with the sketch

Grab Our Badge!
# 92 - Paint The Flying Spirit Of The Birds Rather than its Feathers

Ten Days to Play!!IT'S HERE!

21 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! Those chicks are just too cute! And I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card, Julie, great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute. Reminded me of Bop from Abney and Teal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He he, such a fun card Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-)) Julie, what a great card! I love these funny chickens and how you designed this card. Awesome card!
    Hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  6. ACK! Your little chickens are darling! What an incredibly sweet card!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card...love these little guys! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute, Julie. I can see why you couldn't resist those chicks and the bubble coloring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish you could see the huge smile on my face, Jules!! And no, I can't resist them, so now I will be adding to my NBUS! They are utterly adorable and happy and, BTW, you did a magnificent job of coloring those bubbles!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #12!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh toooo cuuutee
    and so many challenges for this cute card
    I wish you lucky to win there you deserve it
    this is a cuute card I have seen today
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see why you couldn't resist these cuties Julie, and they make a wonderful CAS card. I love how you coloured it all - very professional!
    Hugs
    Carol x
    I've got my ticket for Port Sunny. Shall we meet up?

    ReplyDelete
  12. 😂 This card made me smile. Who doesn't love bubbles. You did great colouring m too. These chicks are so cute. Such a fun card. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More. Trina :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These little birds certainly are spirited! Love this card, and the sentiment is wonderful! Thanks for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those sweet little chicks...adorable!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute and fun card, love the sentiment

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those chicks are sooooo adorable! What a fantastic stamp set that is and your colouring is amazing. Love the way you rotated the sketch to accommodate the chicks floating off on their bubbles. That's a really happy card ..... and a brilliant sentiment too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous, Julie. So fun and cute too. No liberty with the sketch at all :)
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwww, Julie, this is so sweet! NBUS #186 Dotty Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aaaa! Soooo cute! Love this fun design.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope I never outgrow bubbles! These guys are so cute and, yes, totally irresistible! I saw this in Darnell's NBUS challenge and just had to come take a closer look. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)