Friday 1 September 2017

40 Sensational Years

Good morning crafters.
Well we've whizzed around to the 1st of September, what happened there?
Anyway a new month it may be but it's also time for a new challenge at the Alphabet Challenge blog.
This week it was my choice of theme, so I went with 

M is for Make Your Mark

This week we would like to see you Make Your Mark by using pens, pencils, chalks, paints, brushes etc. 

Here is my inspiration project.


I made this Ruby Wedding card for my best friend from school and her hubby. I don't get to see Ali as much as I would like but as soon as we get together, it's like we've never been apart. Don't you just love to have friends like that. We have so much in common, they have two children like us, they escaped to the country and built their own house as did we and we both married engineers, hers is civil, mine is electrical!
Our Ruby Wedding was last Sunday, Ali's and Rik's is this Sunday, I can't forget that now can I? We had to plan our honeymoon around their wedding.
I used Altenew's I Adore you stamp set, stamping and embossing the flowers on MM paper before colouring with a mix of Zig Pens, Distressed inks and Brusho. I the preceded to fussy cut the individual elements and arrange them in a bouquet. On a die cut panel I splashed some Inka Gold wax in gold (a little wax mixed with water is a good substitute for gold paint) then added the bouquet with glue and a few flowers popped up on pads for added dimension. I used a creamy card stock as I think white was too stark a contrast to the red blooms. I cut a banner from some scrap and stamped the greeting from Uniko, adding gold cut numerals. I used a free die set for this. The gold Congrats is the old faithful Cuttlebug die cut from mirror card,
Please check out the rest of the team for more inspiration then why not join us in Making your Mark?

Joining in over at:-

Cards and More - Challengeblog

Anything Goes

New Badge!


September Anything Goes
Anything Goes

<b>Blog Badge</b>
Anything Goes


11 comments:

  1. wow...this is awesome and fantastic, teamie!

    Hugs and Kisses from Germany
    Silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card. The flowers are beautiful.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Cards und More.
    Funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh this is stunning Julie. What a lucky friend and hubby to have received this beauty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Your flower is beautiful and your card will definately make someone's day! Thank you for joining our current task at the PINspirational Challenge! Have a wonderful weekend and happy crafing, Maike ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love everything about it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Creations Challenges! Ciao, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous keepsake card for your very dear friend. This is so beautiful and elegant Jules. I'm sure your friends will love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a truly stunning card here Julie. Those flowers are beautiful and your colouring is amazing. I too just love everything about this card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *If this comment is late I apologize! I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us over at the Crafty Creations Challenges Blog.
    Kristina DT

    Crafty Creations Challenges Blog
    Cards by Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Jules! What a lovely, vibrantly colored, beautifully designed, elegant design - it has so much happiness in it! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a glorious Christmas card. The gold pops off the red so nicely!! Sweet. Thank you for joining us at PINspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)