Sunday 24 November 2013

Quick and Easy

Evening all of you happy crafters. Thought I would count up how many cards I need for posting this Christmas. I was shocked to find I needed far more than I had. Actually I had plenty but they were too thick for the normal post. I also need some to post to the US as well. I love all the embellishments and buttons but the lady at the Post Office is quite mean when it comes to just the odd corner that doesn't go through her template. The cost of posting has shot through the roof! 
That meant I had to come up with something quick and easy but no thick embellishments, so here we go.






Not sure which one I prefer but they certainly fit the bill of quick and simple.
The background is made from a Cuttlebug embossing folder, the snowy hills are cut freehand (the off cut forms the front drift) from white card and the trees are from a Cuttlebug Cut n Emboss set. The trees were distressed using Tim Holtz 'Shabby Shutters'. They do look different in each card but they are the same. Greetings are from a Woodware Patchwork Trees set.



This is another quick card I made using a Woodware stamp which I coloured using Copics with a little bit of added Stickle sparkle in red. A small red bow and off-cut of red ribbon complete.

I shall enter the last card in the Allsorts challenge - Bring on the bling and the Sketch Saturday challenge.
Off to a felt making class tomorrow so I don't know if I will have time to craft when I get back, 
so toodle pip for now.





3 comments:

  1. So beautiful cards. You have been made them with smart idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these quick and easy cards. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas for flat Christmas cards to beat the postie! Thanks for joining in the Sketch Saturday Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    Sketch Saturday DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)