Tuesday 23 January 2024

Hill Climb

Morning all.
It's Tuesday so time for another challenge at Cardz4Guyz. This time our challenge is for masculine cards on the theme of :-

NO BALL SPORTS

I had a quick look in my stash to see what sporty stamps I had that didn't use a ball and came up with this LOTV digi. 


Any of you remember Grandstand on the BBC on Saturday afternoons? There used to be items on that programme featuring all sorts of different sports and one was hill climbing, not on foot but sports cars trying to go up steep hills and around sharp bends as quickly as possible. The cars were usually older style ones such as in this picture, driven by enthusiastic drivers, usually men without safety hats just goggles, some of them never quite made it to the top despite ALL their best efforts. My memory may be playing tricks but it always seemed to be either foggy or raining!
As I also needed a card for my best friend's partner, this image certainly fit the bill as he loves watching motor sport. I coloured it with Copics, and then laid it over a 5" square card that I'd covered with some black and white stripped DP and a section of road atlas. The sentiment, LOTV were added to complete.

Quite a simple card to make once I'd decided which no ball sport to use!
So where will the new theme take you? As always we love to see your masculine cards in the gallery but if you do need a little bit more inspiration check out the rest of the DT here.

Joining in over at:-

Birthdays

no option this time!

8 comments:

  1. Love it! That road atlas page is a great backing.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the perfect image - so skillfully colored too! I do love how you've paired it with the road atlas background. Thank you so much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant card Julie and I love the addition of the road atlas. I remember Grandstand well, and the theme tune!! Seeing Eddie the Eagle on the skating programme reminded me of Ski Sunday too!! winter Sunday afternoons with tea on the trolley in front of the telly box!! Hope you've survived the storms okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your best friend's hubby is going to love this card Jules. Great colouring of that fun image. And fantastic framing with the striped DP and road atlas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card!! The map and the old car...perfect for a masculine card!! As always you are offering great inspiration to those who decide to play along with our "No Balls Sport" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! #C4G339

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, Julie! Great colouring of that vintage car image and the road map is the perfect accompaniment to it too...
    Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic masculine card Julie. I love the sweet image and your colouring is perfect. The map and striped paper are fab. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie stunning card as always thanks for playing along at PFM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)