Monday 1 January 2024

Color Hues #78

It's the first of January 2024 so HAPPY NEW YEAR!
It also means it's time for a new colour combo from Color Hues. This time Marcia has chosen wintery blues for her color pairing but I went against the trend and down a different route with this interpretation!


I received this set in my stocking at Christmas and just had to ink it up!
I've now got quite a few of these Ai ladies and they always make me smile, this trio look to be having the best time lounging by the pool. After stamping, I coloured the image with Copics using mainly the darkest of navy blues, B39, 37, 34 and 32 and shades of light blue B000, 00, 01 and 02. I kept all the other colours neutral by using Copics in the E group, no citrus or bright red in this! After fussy cutting them out, I inked an A6 side fold card with Salty Ocean DI through a STAMPlorations stencil to give the look of rippling water and then glued the ladies over the top. The sentiment which comes with the stamp was added on a die cut speech bubble.
So where will this combo take you? The rest of the team and our GD Bonnie McClure have come up with some great ideas but why not let your imagination run! 
You have until 9am EST on 14th January to join in our gallery here.

Joining in over at:-

Mega Christmas Challenge - Add a sentiment

12 comments:

  1. A great card, love this image - oh to be sitting on a beach right now - Thanks for sharing at Passion For Markers this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this image and the colours you have chosen. The sentiment is fab. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun, Jules!! Love this card. Those ladies look like they have a good life. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choosing to be fabulous sounds like the BEST resolution - these babes always get it right, don't they? Jules, I LOVE your card: beautifully colored, fantastic fussy-cutting, and such a great design with that stenciled 'ocean!'
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. These fabulous sun bathers make one very cute card! So happy to see a summery take on these colors, and your coloring skills make the ladies look almost real. Love this great design, Jules! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun is this! That stamp was definitely made for this color combo--I wouldn't mind a few days on the beach myself! As always, your coloring is top-notch and just as fabulous as those three babes on the beach! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, What a perfect stamp for you to receive for Christmas and your coloring is perfect as usual! Awesome job with the colors and Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These ladies always make me happy too, especially in these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a huge lover of the AI biddies. Your coloring is fabulous and it's so amazing that you used only blues. I have to laugh that the two Julie's went with summer themes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love when you use these "FABULOUS" ladies Julie...they always make me smile and I'm always in awe of your Copic coloring skills! So glad too you went with a warm theme as it's freezing here in Michigan and I'm just never quite ready for it! Wonderful, wonderful card and a very Happy New Year to you!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so in awe of your AI ladies collection, Julie, and how wonderful Santa brought you a new one! I would have inked it up right away too. You always make such great scenes for these ladies and right now I was I was someplace balmy and warm by a pool ha ha! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great gift to find in your stocking - and what an awesome debut of that gift! As always, your colouring dazzles and delights!
    We're in a deep freeze here in Alberta, with daytime 'highs' of -30 to -33C and nighttime lows tipping at close to -50C! Your beach scene...I want to be there!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)