Thursday 16 November 2023

Color Hues #76

Afternoon all. 
Halfway through November already, these weeks are whizzing by and I'm nowhere near sorted with my Christmas card stash. Well the new Color Hues pairing has given me the opportunity to make a least one more card for the stash! Here's my take on the new duo.



My inspiration for this card was one I saw on Pinterest using a Gina K stamp. I loved the bauble effect, so decided to make my own version of it using my Uniko stash.
To begin, I drew around a circle die cut lightly with a pencil to create the bauble on a panel of red card and then stamped an arrangement of snowflakes with in it. I tried to keep it symmetrical but it is slightly off! Each stamp was inked with Versamark then the image heat embossed with Metallic Gold EP. To infill the spaces, I used a WOW embossing pen and more gold EP. 
To make the image complete, I used a freebie stamp and freehand drew the string and bow with the WOW pen before heat embossing with gold EP.
I had envisaged a one layer card but I ended up trimming the panel down before adding some ink blending around the edges to put the bauble in focus. I used a mix of red DIs, Festive Berries, Fired Brick and Aged Mahogany.

So where will these new festive colours take you, you don't have to go down the Christmas route but it would be a good excuse to expand your Christmas stash!
For more red and gold inspiration why not check out the rest of the Color Hues team here along with our GD Claire.

Joining in over at:-

Get ready for Christmas


Use Red (Thanks Chris for the heads up)

23 comments:

  1. Your snowflake baubles card is gorgeous! I love the Uniko snowflakes; they're so versatile, as you've clearly shown. Inspired and inspiring in every way!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant and beautiful! The gold embossing and red background are very festive. Thank you for joining in at Stamping Sensations.
    PS You might like to link up at Sweet Stampin' - the current theme is 'Use Red'
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply stunning Julie. I love the CAS design, and the gold embossing looks so elegant on the red cardstock ..... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a brilliant card. I genuinely thought it was made using one stamp. I am impressed and inspired that it was made using various stamps from your stash. Another technique I must try and remember!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie this is such a beautiful, clean & simple card. However, your design work is fabulous and I think you placed the snowflakes perfectly. Bravo and so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can never heat emboss this well when I do it, Julie. Your card is just gorgeous! Now that I read your post and see that you used multiple stamps, I am even more impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have much more patience than I, Julie. Creating that gorgeous bauble was a labor of love and creativity, and if the stamping is the tiniest bit off, the recipient is certainly not going to notice because they just received this stunning card!! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gold embossing onto red gives a really rich feel, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super festive elegance

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the gold embossing what a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie, just popped back to say thanks for linking up to Sweet Stampin' x

    ReplyDelete
  12. And to think I thought you just used a round snowflake stamp...oh my gosh Julie, I am SO impressed with your embossing skills to make this bauble come out looking so FANTASTIC!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing design using your stash of small snowflakes, Jules. What a fabulous way to create your ornament! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! Nice job arranging those snowflakes within your hand drawn bauble. Nicely done! Thanks for playing over at LIM.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is just beautiful, and because I own that stamp it's being pinned--and no doubt cased before the holiday card making is completed. So lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK, time to confess--I didn't read the blog post carefully enough, and just assumed you'd used Gina K's stamp. Now I'm even more impressed and blown away by this card design! Simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely card, so elegant.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More, Stamping Sensations and Sweet Stampin.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply gorgeous, Julie ! And what a beautiful way to use all those tiny stamps. Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your amazing card, Julie! It's festive and elegant. I'm in awe of your creative skills to fashion the lovely ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so clever ! I had no idea you'd created the bauble using different stamps...I thought it was one big stamp. It looks fab in the red and gold!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful style. Pretty done with the christmas ball. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So elegant !!!
    Love the gold embossing !
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  23. You clever girl!!!! I really thought this was an ornament stamp. You've just opened up a world of possibilities. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)