Thursday 9 November 2023

Building my Christmas Stash

Good morning all. The weather is a little better today but the last couple of days were a bit dreary, cold, damp and grey. Well it is the second week of November, even if I am STILL eating this years tomatoes! Yes last week I cleared all the tomatoes from the greenhouse and brought them inside to finish ripening in the pan drawer. Last year I put them in another drawer less frequently used and completely forgot about them! This summer's crop have been superb and I even got a few outdoor ones, kept the blight away but the birds eventually found them and then they were dashed by the gales in September :( .

Anyway, I digress the reason I'm posting is to share a card made for the current AYLI and JUGS colour challenges using the technique hi-lighted by the Group of Seven card makers, stencilling over heat embossing. What with all the rain, I decided to have a play in the craft room and here is one result.


It combines a Papermania background text stamp, STAMPlorations stencil and a die from The Works plus a Uniko sentiment.
My white card panel was stamped and heat embossed with white before stencilling over it in DI. The Joy die cut was cut from red mirror card and the sentiment stamped in black on a scrap of white card added over the Joy on pads. Everything else was layered up flat for postage!

I did make another panel but I'll share those cards another day.

Joining in over at:-

 


Traditional or Non-Traditional Christmas colours
I like making Christmas cards in both colour ways but when it comes to foliage cards it just has to be traditional colours.

8 comments:

  1. So pleased you joined us Julie at our Group of Seven Cardmakers Blog...Love your heat embossed and Stenciled poinsettia Christmas card. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL card Julie and I love, LOVE that JOY die cut! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jules! LOVE this combination of words and your stenciled holly and berries. The large red JOY is gorgeous to finish the card. So happy you tried this combination of techniques and shared with us at Group of Seven. It's so much fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! love your white word embossed mixed text background and your beautiful holly stenciling over it - your big red die cut JOY is perfect over it all - thanks for sharing your card with us at GO7!!! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card design and traditional colours, love it..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My toms did particularly well this year too, they certainly didn't last as long as yours though!! What a great card this is, lovely, fresh, traditional colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, forgot to say thank you for sharing with the AYLI team xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Jules. I love the background and your bright colours. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It.xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)