Tuesday 14 November 2023

Sheep in the Meadow

Good morning, time for a new challenge at Cardz4Guyz. This time we would like to see masculine cards that feature:- 

A WINTER SCENE

When I saw the title of the new challenge, I knew straight away that I should give some love to a very old Hobby Art stamp that's been in my stash for over 10 years and hasn't been used much at all! 


I bought it because of the subject matter and have used it for a couple of the OHs birthday cards but I think this is the first time since it's first inking that I've used it for a winter scene. 
I first stamped my image with Altenew's Obsidian Pigment ink on some textured off white card, as I wanted to watercolour the image. The colours were washed in and then when dry a fine mist of white gouache was added with an old toothbrush to suggest snow and then the panel was cut using an MFT die. 
My panel was then added to a matching top fold card and the Uniko sentiment added in Industrial Graphite ink. I hope we don't have snow like this this winter!

So that's it from me but if you do need more inspiration then why not check out the rest of the team here. We're looking forward to seeing your makes in our gallery.

3 comments:

  1. Ewe nailed it!! A pleasant winter barnyard scene!! Perfect for our challenge...offering great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our "Winter Scene" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! A true card 4 a guy...especially a farmer!! #C4G335

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful winter scene Jules. I love the soft tones of gray and brown. Looks very peaceful there. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrrr, I can feel the chill from that fab wintry scene. A wonderful card x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)