Tuesday 27 June 2023

Thinking of You

Morning all, did you watch Glastonbury at the weekend? 
Saturday we had our daughter and family minus eldest who was on Scout camp, over for a belated birthday tea, so no time then but I made sure I watched the Yusuf/Cat Stevens set on the Pyramid stage on Sunday. He might be 74 but he still delivers the old favourites with aplomb. It took me back to the early 70's, sat in my bedroom endlessly playing Teaser and the Firecat, Mona Bone Jakon, Tea for the Tillerman and Catch Bull at Four! His lyrics always had something to say and are as relevant now as they were then, but I digress!
As it's Tuesday it's time for a new challenge at Cardz4Guyz. This week our theme is:-

CLEAN and SIMPLE

My favourite style, though when I came to make my card, I struggled, so many ideas and nothing to pin them down! Anyway a quick squiz at some challenges out there brought me to this. 


I used a layout from way back and the cute LOTV Jame's Peeking. After printing him off, don't get me started on the trials of our home printer, I coloured him with Copics and fussy cut. Not sure what is up with the printer but it's not doing it properly, printing that is, so I went back with a black fine liner and neatened him up!
On a panel of white card I used a Sizzix EF to create my background and before adding it to my A6 base card, I added a couple of strips of scrap DP to the top and bottom. James and the sentiment, also LOTV, were added to complete.
So where will the theme take you? CAS is a great way to go for a masculine card as you can get away without adding any frippery that you might be tempted to add on a feminine card. Share it in our gallery and if you need more inspiration, check out the rest of the team here.

Joining in over at:-
 

Dads and/or Lads

10 comments:

  1. Julie, I just tucked my little card into the challenge at JUGS and couldn't resist coming by to visit your darling little bear! Someone is going to be very pleased to receive this card and know that they are in your thoughts! Absolutely adorable! x
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! Love that sweet face and your beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet ... that bear is adorable. He looks so fuzzy - great colouring. Love the addition of the texture and the strips of patterned paper. Fun card Jules! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bear is so darling and I love his sweet little face. He looks as if he is pondering about this crazy world we are living in. The textured background was perfect for your window scene. Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls. Wish it was my challenge to pick winners for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!! Perfectly CAS and perfect for some little guy!! Way to go rocking our new challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! You have offered up great inspiration to those who decide to play along with our new challenge!! #C4G325

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed a fair bit of Glastonbury, Blondie though not so much, she is just a bit younger than my Mum!! You cannot fail with a gorgeous CAS James!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a sweet little bear hanging out of the window in the embossed brick wall, Jules! thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: embossed! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww....how cute is your little bear, peeking from the embossed brick wall! So incredibly sweet! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational.
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this sweet bear! Great embossed texture and dp strips definitely bring the masculine in - I think this is perfect for all 3 challenges

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bear is absolutely darling, Julie. I love how he's peeking through a window in the brick wall. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)