Saturday 1 July 2023

Color Hues #67

Hi there!
It's the first of the month so it's time for a new colour combo at Color Hues.
Here's my take on the new pairing.



When I saw the colours, I thought of wine and then I remembered this Ai image that I stamped a few years ago when visiting another Julie, just before COVID lockdown happened. We had met at an Altenew day over in Wales and realised that we didn't live that far away from each other, so arranged a couple of crafty days. Our 3rd one was in the diary when lockdown happened. I've lost touch in the intervening years which is such a shame, so if you are reading this Julie drop me a line!
Anyway, after 3 years it's time I coloured it in, so using the appropriate Copic colours I set to.
After fussy cutting the finished image, I added some Glossy Accents to the wine glasses and put it to one side to dry.
The layout is one of my go to one's, this time I used plain card to match, DP didn't fit the bill this time but added a chevron of wine coloured card for some added interest and stamped this Picket Fence sentiment with Versamark and heat embossed with white EP. The navy blue was attached to an A6 base card and the die cut top panel made from white linen effect card on top, followed by the red chevron. My group of ladies was added with foam pads and a bit of Copic colour grounds them.
So where will the colours take you, we'd love to see your ideas in the Color Hues gallery.
If you need more inspiration, check out the rest of the team and our GD here.

Joining in over at:-

Plain or Pattered Paper
I'm more of a CAS kinda girl so although I have a mountain of DP I only usually use the odd bit. For this card, I went with pain coloured card with a chevron of wine card for interest as the image has a lot going on.

11 comments:

  1. Merlot for me please!! This is such a great card, I do love those ladies of a certain age and the colour combo works brilliantly. Its always lovely to see you share your makes at AYLI xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layout, the coloring the way you lightly shaded the floor! The entire card is just perfect, Julie! Well done as usual! Hope you can reconnect with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wonderful image of ladies enjoying their merlot is just perfect for this color duo! I LOVE your card design, and it's one I'm going to try to remember to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome colouring of this image, Jules. I would like to hang out with those ladies ... they look like they are having tons of fun! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, your coloring is fantastic and I adore the chevron to frame up those fab AI ladies! What a perfect image for these colors! Reminds me of getting together with my girl friends for a glass after work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Julie...this card just couldn't be any more perfect for the colors I chose, and you have totally made them SHINE! Your coloring and shading is beautifully done, and I love the design layout too! I can just imagine the shine from the GA on the wine glasses too! Love, Love, LOVE this card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card was waiting for just the right moment to happen and it is perfect for this challenge! Your coloring is so pretty, and I love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love these AI women -- and your card and colors showcase them perfectly (especially with the very appropriate color)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! This made me laugh and thing of my girlfriends! So cute! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate your time and sweet words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie, once again I'm blown away by your exceptional colouring skills! You've really brought these images to life with your artistry! Perfect take for this challenge!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb image and colouring.
    Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    PS sorry I am a little late in visiting - it was a busy few months and I’m now on catch up for blog visiting x but better late than never 😀

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)