Tuesday 13 June 2023

BA Inspiration at Uniko

 Good morning, time for a new challenge at Cardz4Guyz. This time our theme is:-

FATHER'S DAY

My daughter is always asking for a couple of cards for the boys to give to their dad for Father's Day, so this was the perfect excuse to make one and here is one of them. I used products from Uniko so this post is also combined with a BA post for them here.


 I'd seen Jennifer McGuire use sentiments to create fab cards so thought I would have a go.
Looking through all my Uniko Simply Said Blocks, I took an assortment of suitable phrases and stamped them onto white card in the colours of Liverpool FC, my Son in Laws favourite team! I know they usually play in red but their away kit is this dark teal colour and the emblem is always yellow/gold! The inks used here were from Altenew, Maple Yellow, Galactic Stream and Heart Beat.

Once I'd stamped a variety of sentiments, they were trimmed down and arranged across the corner of an A6 top fold base card in some kind of logical sequence! I tried not to have two colours overlapping so sometimes the logic had to go out of the window! The sentiment blocks glued down, I trimmed back the overhang and added a thin strip of red card to neaten up the top edge, stamped the greeting from Nautical Treasures and added the die cut letters to complete.

For a totally different look, you could change the sentiment blocks used to create a birthday or thank you card. A simple change of colours would also give you a different look, simply choose the recipients favourite colours, they don't have to be for a football team! The possibilities are endless.
For more Father's Day inspiration check out the rest of the team here

2 comments:

  1. This is a fun and cool technique...I am going to have to try it out!! Great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our "Happy Father's Day" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! #C4G324

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Julie and team colours will make it all the more special too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)