Thursday 1 June 2023

Introducing Bauhaus Blocks Layering Stencil

Good morning. It's the final day of introductions at Uniko and today's is a doozy. I have to say this layered stencil set, Bauhaus Blocks is so much fun to play with. Here are just a couple of the ideas I came up with.

This first card uses the full stencil and then some! I used some DOx inks (Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron, and Salty Ocean) and covered the whole of an A6 panel of white card. I love this bright combination of colours, I love the contrast and they totally reflect how I was feeling when I was colouring the stencils! I'm not sure that pastel colours would have the same impact, perhaps I should go away and have another play!!


The finished panel was die cut ready to add to a base card when I realised that I hadn't squared it up so had to think how to use the panel after all the hard work. Simple answer, I die cut it again at a jaunty angle and the error disappeared! The sentiment, Bauhaus Blocks, was stamped on a tag and slipped under the bottom edge.

Still using the same colours with the addition of Squeezed Lemonade, this second one just uses one of the three stencils and only one element of that! 


I simply inked in the lines from one of the stencils and rotated it around the central point to create the pattern. The sentiment is from yesterday's intro, Bauhaus Blocks, heat embossed with white EP on black and the inked panel was die cut using an MFT square die. Simply mounted on a 41/4" square card, it makes a fun thank you card for my daughter's stash for the end of the year.

What do you think of this release? I've loved playing around with it, especially this stencil! Looks like the rest of the team have too, check them out here.
Tomorrow is release day so don't forget to join us for our release day blog hop.

Joining in over at:-

Brights or pastels
I chose Brights!

7 comments:

  1. Morning! I had to pop by and say just how much I've enjoyed seeing all your creations for the new release. I do love this stencil. Great work. Deborah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!!! What amazing brights, right up my street and perfect for AYLI. Lots of fert went on around us so I expect the second cut will be on the cards quite soon, perfect for desensitising my lunatic pony!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous colours for your first card and your second card is so clever. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever use of the stencil and such vibrant colours, just love them. Tracey.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bright happy colours and great card..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your first card but, wow, your second is so CAS. I love it, such a simple idea but that design is right up my street! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, love your cards! Gorgeous stencil and colours. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)