Friday 16 June 2023

Color Hues #66

Good afternoon. I can't believe we are half way through June already! The summer solstice is just next week and then it's all down hill to Christmas!! 
Anyway, it's time for a new colour combo at Color Hues and this time we've got a really cheerful pair that shriek SUMMER! Here's my take.



I've used the peony from Altenew's Happy together for this. I did want to use my Uniko peony as it's one of my favourite flower images but for some reason it wasn't in it's right place so had to make do with this stamp. After I'd finished my card the set turned up of course!!
I love peonies, so blousy but sadly they wouldn't put up with the heat in my plot so I will have to make do with the image instead. I have fond memories of them growing in an aunt's garden when I was a child, lovely deep pink and pale pink ones too.
When I first got the stamp set as a prize from The Flower challenge I made a similar one, only that time I used pink watercolour for the bloom and bud. This time I took my cue from Therese Calvird and went with a white bloom on yellow. My image was stamped with Altenew Industrial Diamond, my first stamping with black looked too stark, and added shading with W Copic markers, mainly W4, 2 and 1, with a tiny bit of W7 for the deepest shadows. The image was then fussy cut and mounted on a panel of smooshed yellow. I added a mix of Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade and Wild Honey onto my craft mat and dragged a piece of card through the ink, drying between layers until I was satisfied with the coverage then cut it out with one of the Hero Arts Infinity rounded rectangles dies. 
The sentiment is from Uniko, one of the ones I made awhile ago, white EP on black and mounted on a slightly larger circle of white. The finished panel was then added on pads to a white, textured linen note card.
So that's it from me but please check out the rest of the team here along with our GD the fabulous Michele Ferguson.

I'm joining in over at:-


16 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! You have really achieved the MOST saturated yellows in your wonderful panel! Drying between layers must be the key, right?
    Love your white Peony - believe it or not, I have YELLOW ones in my garden!!
    So nice to hang out with you and the CH team again - thanks for the sweet welcome!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge, Julie! You have a way with your favorite flowers - come on back when you find that Uniko set! x
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on the color combo--I love the bright yellow background and the white peony is perfect! I have a pitcher filled with white and pink peonies on my kitchen table. We moved all our peonies to a new location several years ago, and finally we have enough blooms to enjoy inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your white Peony really stands out against all those wonderful shades of yellow Julie and is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Loving all the shading you did with the Copic W's too...sooooo pretty! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, this is so pretty! Your Peony is colored just enough to give it so much depth. I love the rich yellow background and thanks for reminding me to be patient or dry between layers. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, who pressed Fast forward!!? Hopefully Martin will soon stop getting up at 5am for the morning three miler to avoid the heat. Come August I might start to get a decent sleep!! Anyway, your card...it's fabulous, beautifully summery and I love the textured effect you have inked on the background x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, we had a similar idea with the white flowers and yellow background, but I have to say I love your vibrant yellow, it really highlights the peony beautifully! And you used my favorite flower - we have some in our yard but they didn't stand up well to unseasonal thunderstorms this year, so I love seeing yours here, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so beautiful! Love the bold yellow background ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty. Love the white bloom on the yellow background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS!!! SO very lovely!!!

    The entire team really knocked it out of the park this challenge!!
    So INSPIRING!!!

    -love it
    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your vibrant yellow background is the perfect stage for your mostly uncoloured peony. Star billing for this eye-catching combination!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. The small yellow panel makes such a great focal point! The black circle sentiment tops it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shading of the petals and love how it pops against the yellow.
    Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the yellow...pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the shading with the warm greys. Your ink smooshed background is really striking as well. We can't grow peonies in our climate either but I have fond memories from my childhood up north.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful card! I love the background and the flower is stunning. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, you're too kind!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)