Sunday 14 August 2022

Faux Batik

Evening all, time for a new challenge at Perfectly CAS.
Here's my take on the new cue word, inspired by the challenge at CAS Mix Up.




There are obviously two ways to emboss, dry and heat, I chose the heat route and a new to me technique called faux batik. My friend Loll introduced me to the technique, thank you it was fun to do!

To start, I added DI ink in Picked Raspberry and Mustard Seed to some MM paper, not paying much attention to the blending. I used the stamp I wanted to use as a guide as to where to place the colours, then stamped the flower stamp of the Uniko BB Doodle Flower set with Versamark and heat embossed using clear EP. Before I added the leaf stamp, I added some Salty Ocean DI where the leaves would be and repeated the embossing with the leaf stamp. Once I had completed that part, I started to distress the panel by folding the paper. This cracks the embossing as well as the paper to leave lines in the design which when coloured with more ink show up. For this layer I chose to use Chipped Sapphire. All excess ink was rubbed off with a soft cloth before I trimmed the panel down and mounting it on a panel of gold card. The sentiment from Uniko's Pure Florals-Cosmos, was stamped on a scrap of blue card to match the base card and heat embossed with white EP.
The finished panel was attached to the blue base card with foam pads. I had firstly added it to an A6 note card but on second looks, I decided it was not CAS enough, so simply upped the size to a 5 x 7inch and the CASness was just right!
So how will you interpret the cue card, we'd love to see your takes in the gallery this month.
As always there is plenty of inspiration from the rest of the team over at Perfectly CAS!

Joining in over at:-

I used sponging and folding as my extra MM elements

6 comments:

  1. Love your faux batik emboss resist technique, Julie!! You and Lolly have me inspired to try the technique.:-) TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs ...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful example of faux batik, Julie! Love these flowers and how you've done the inking! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card using this fun technique Jules! Love the summery colours of your pretty flowers and the dark blue background. Awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The effect on this is brilliant Julie, such pretty flowers too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your technique turned out beautiful! I'll have to give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card using the faux batik technique. Love the colours that you've used too. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Mix Up challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)