Tuesday 23 August 2022

Stencil bugs

Good morning card makers, time for a new challenge at Cardz4Guyz.
For this latest challenge we would like to see your masculine cards that -

USE A STENCIL

Here's my take using a STAMPlorations Art Splatters stencil, a die cut happy birthday and some freehand doodling!


My inspiration was a card I'd seen using splatter images with facial features. I loved how the feature stamps turned the splats into funky creatures, sadly I can't find the link again to share.

Anyway, on a panel of white card, I inked through the various splatters with DOx in a variety of colours, Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Wilted Violet. Once dry, I added a variety of eye and mouth designs to create my critters. I even added a few antennae to the green ones which reminded me of caterpillars! A few dots of white gel pen were added for extra interest.
My sentiment was cut 3 times from black card and stacked before adding to the panel, simples!
There are so many different stencils out there for you to use and the DT have some super ideas if you need it, so why not join in this time?
Check out the DT here for more masculine card ideas.

Joining in over at:-

No topping this time!

7 comments:

  1. So silly!! So creative!! So perfect for our challenge!! Way to go offering fun inspiration to those who decide to play along with us over at Cardz 4 Guyz for our stencil challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a big smile on my face as I looked at this cute and creative card. How much fun it would be for a child's birthday. This is one that I will file for future use. Thanks for sharing it iwth us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea! Love the little critters that came out! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you added the faces to your splatters! Darling and creative birthday card, Julie! Thanks for linking up at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me smile!! Such a great idea and fun colours. Glad you enjoyed Escape to the Country feat. Yetminster!! There have been several episodes made down here xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute. Wonderfully done. I hope your day is full of creativity and happiness. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)