Monday 1 August 2022

Color Hues #46, Celebrating a Life

Good afternoon crafters. 
As it's the 1st of the month, it's time for a new colour combination at Color Hues but before I share my card I have some really sad news to share. I have to announce that our treasured friend and teammate, Lindsey, passed away last week, following her hard-fought battle with cancer. 
Lindsey was well-known for her witty sense of humour, creativity, and capacity to encourage challenge participants as well as her design team colleagues.  I'm sure the crafting community will miss her presence.

 Today's colours were chosen by Lindsey, so the Design Team wanted to honor and celebrate her beautiful, creative life by sharing "Lindsey Inspired" projects using her Blue and Purple combination, along with the things she loved the most, as inspiration. We hope that you will join us as we pay tribute to our dear friend and team mate.

Here are a few of her favorite things:  

humour, cats, gardening, flowers, love of reading, friendship, wine, tea

If you are a regular at Color Hues you might also know that Lindsey loved Clean and Simple cards too. 

For today's Special Challenge, we are being joined by our Sister Challenge team mates from Seize the Birthday.  Lindsey was an intricate part of that Design Team as well.  

Here's my card using Lindsey's CAS style together with her love of wine, flowers, friendship and laughter.



I decided to use these Stamping Bella Uptown girls, Victoria and Juliette for my design as they remind me of sisterhood, friendship and fun, something Lindsey would have appreciated.
After stamping, colouring with Copics, I fussy cut them and put to one side whilst I made the background. I chose my DP, NitWits, before I coloured the girls as it's so much easier than the other way around! There is actually a faint purple edge to the white center of the flowers but it didn't print out that well, think the printer needs a new cartridge!! To bring the purple element into the background more, I coloured a scrap of white card with the middle value Copic marker I used for the dress, V15, and cut a couple of scalloped strips using an MFT die, slotting them behind the embossed central panel. I found this in the bits box, embossed using an unmarked EF.
The girls were then added on pads and the sentiment from the set added on a strip of matching card, also on pads.

So that's about it from me but there's lots more inspiration over on the Color Hues blog. I hope you will join us in remembering our friend and teamie Lindsey.

Joining in over at:-

Straight down the middle,
Person/blue/cold drink

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card in tribute to a wonderful person xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card to honour Lindsey. Great work Jules! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a charming tribute card. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie your fun-loving pair are a fitting tribute to Lindsey and beautifully coloured too. I'm looking forward to adding my own tribute to the Colour Hues gallery but in the meantime, thanks for sharing your card with us over at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to read your sad news. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad to read that sad news Julie but I am sure she would have been delighted with your card x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am deeply sorry for the loss of your dear friend. It is so difficult to lose a special person in our lives. Prayers for you and her family! Your card is the best! I love these two special friends and the gorgeous coloring and design of your card in her memory! She is honored, I'm certain! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindsey would absolutely LOVE this card; it captures some of her favourite things perfectly, plus it's gorgeous! Fabulous in every way!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet card and beautiful coloring. Lovely tribute to Lindsey. I know she would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Julie Lindsey would love this card you captured so many of her favourite things! Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie, your card definitely represents every bit of how you described your dear teammate Lindsey. It's beautifully colored and designed, and of course showcases the joy of friendship. Fabulous!

    Stef

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)