Tuesday 16 August 2022

Color Hues #47

 Good afternoon, it's the middle of the month so it's time for a new colour combination at Color Hues.

Here's my take, CASEing one of my own cards here.

Mmm, those colours conjure up mint choc chip ice cream for me, nothing nicer on a hot day and we've had plenty of those recently here in the UK! I was going to go down that route then went off it and decided on butterflies. The sun has been ideal for butterflies, but not for us humans, there have been loads fluttering in the tall grasses and landing on the flowers, painted ladies, gatekeepers, tortoiseshells, peacocks, commas and some huge red admirals amongst others. Some are showy and some, like mine, are a dull brown.

I made my own background for the panel background using the faux mother of pearl technique, using a satin paint to resist the ink, leaving a shimmery effect.

On a panel of white card, I added some white pearl paper effects with a piece of scrunched up snappy wrap. After leaving it to dry, the panel was inked with Altenew's Minty Mint and Sweet Leaf ink. Putting to one side, I cut a frame and some leaf sprigs from white card, then glued the sprigs to fill the frame. The inked panel was then added behind. 

From a scrap of dark brown card, I cut out some butterflies and added them to the panel. The large MB butterfly has a lacey companion which I cut out from some shimmery brown card and added over the top. On an off cut of matching card, I stamped the sentiment in Memento Rich Cocoa. and slipped it under the panel then added it to an A6 base card.

So where will these new colours take you? We'd love to see your takes in the Color Hues gallery. There's plenty more inspiration from the rest of the team over at Color Hues!

Joining in over at:-

 

8 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Julie and a brilliant colour combo too, definately mint choc chip. Yes, it's been lovely to see the butterflies in the garden this year but now WE HAVE RAIN!!
    It's been torrential for at least two hours now..hoorah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the butterflies & that background! So pretty! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a love card and such a peaceful scene you've created. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious colour combination Julie! I love the scene you created and the way the minty background really makes the butterflies stand out. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Jules. LOVE your faux mother-of-pearl background. So pretty with a bit of shimmer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't go wrong with butterflies on a birthday card! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I first saw your card, my thoughts were... how creative to make brown butterflies. I love that minty plastic wrapped background and the added leaves to ground your butterflies. A very pretty Birthday card, Julie. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH, I never could imagine brown butterflies, but they look so elegant on your card. That shimmery background is gorgeous too. What a lovely design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)