Friday 1 April 2022

STAMPlorations Theme and Photo Prompt Challenge

Good morning, although it is April 1st, there really is a new challenge starting at STAMPlorations!
Here's my card based on this month's Theme and Photo prompt.



When I saw the theme, I immediately thought of a technique I saw on Jennifer McGuire's You Tube channel awhile ago, where she used a range of different sentiment stamps to create a background. I've done it with Christmas ones but never with birthday ones, so off I went to rifle through my STAMPlorations stamp sets, looking for appropriate sentiment stamps. 
I've used quite a few to create my background including, Hello YouSweet CravingsFond Expressions 2Party TimeThe Birds and The BloomsCarved FlowersSparklyBalloons and BannersA Snarky Birthday to You. All the stamps were arranged on my MISTI ready for stamping.

This is what my MISTI looked like with all the stamps arranged, some are rather discoloured because of age and lots of use! They still work though.


I chose a range of coloured card and stamped a few backgrounds, embossing with white and clear EP.
It takes time to arrange the stamps so I took the opportunity to make a batch for further use, here are some of the ones I didn't use.


I die cut the Flutter Zen 1 layering die from white card, colouring the solid element to match the background card. The filigree top was then glued to it and added to my panel, from which I had die cut a circle opening.
On a strip of black card I stamped Happy Birthday from A Snarky Birthday to You and heat embossed with white EP, then glued flat onto my finished panel. 
The die cut circle from the background was flipped, inked with Picked Raspberry DI and attached behind the opening before adding to a base card with pads.
So where will this month's cue card take you, we'd love to see your interpretations over on the STAMPlorations blog, where you'll also find the rest of the teams take and all the Ts and Cs.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the other colourways. Super effective

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that multi-sentiment background Jules! It's awesome. I can imagine it too a lot of time to get it all set, so what a great idea to make multiples in different colours. The circle aperture with the gorgeous filigree butterfly is amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)