Tuesday 1 March 2022

Color Hues #36

Good afternoon. 
A new month sees the start of a new challenge at Color Hues.
However, because of the unfolding situation in Ukraine, Nancy has had the wonderful idea that we offer you the chance to flood the internet with a show of solidarity and a mass of blue and yellow themed cards. The original idea was first voiced on the Share Handmade Kindness FB group on Saturday by a card maker by the name of Linda Eterno.
Nancy then contacted the CH team as well as the ladies over at Seize the Birthday to ask if we would join in. So for this challenge we are doing something slightly different. 
Here is my card, hoping to bring a little sunshine to this troubled world.


When Nancy first voiced the idea of a blue and yellow theme, the flag colours of Ukraine, I thought of a card I saw last year and combined with this card by fellow CH and Uniko team member Hannelie being fresh in my mind, I came up with this take.
I made my pocket freehand from a really ancient piece of denim DP, it says 2002 on the back, scoring to create the pocket and as the DP was quite thin, I strengthened it with a panel of white card, which I slipped inside. A few freehand dashes with a blue fine liner create the faux stitching.
I had a couple of these yellow daisy style flowers left over in my bits box from last summer, so just stamped a few more using Uniko's Doodle Flowers and BB Doodle Flowers, colouring with Copics and fussy cutting them out. The tag sentiment is also Uniko, stamped with Unicorn White and Faded Jeans DOx over yellow card. Although the white and DOx are opaque it still lets some of the yellow show through the blue, casting a greenish hue, but I didn't know how else to do it.
On an A6 off white note card, I embossed the stitched detail and then added my pocket.

So now, back to what I came up with using the original colour combo!



To start this card, I took a panel of MM card added some water followed by a mix of Brusho Emerald Green and water across the top half. Whilst still wet, I added some of the dry crystals and left it to work it's magic! To be honest I was expecting more of a mix of colours as is usually the case with Brusho powder, but as it was only a background I went with it.
When dry, I die cut the Tim Holtz wreath and then added back one cut from gold mirror card. A few punched and shaped flowers from the same gold card were added, followed by an Altenew sentiment stamped and heat embossed with mirror gold EP.
The completed panel was trimmed and added to an A6 cream base card.

So you, lovely crafters, now have a choice. You can make a card to show love and support for the Ukrainian people or you can make a card using Lindsey's colours of Green and Gold, OR BOTH!

We are going to have TWO overall winners for this challenge, one for each colour pairing but please, if you do decide to make two cards, would you post them in separate posts, so that way no entry gets missed by mistake.

For more inspiration, please check out the rest of the team and our GD Jules here.

7 comments:

  1. Two wonderful cards Jules. I love your pocket of posies which brings sunshine to all of us who visit. Lovely tribute in support of Ukraine! And gorgeous card for your originally planned colour challenge. The gold / green combination is so elegant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are great! I'm impressed with your handmade pocket and I love the daisies. I've never used Brusho powders so I read your process with a lot of interest. I love the bright color you got which really makes the gold pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are great!! I love your handmade pocket filled with daisies! Love the bold green and shiny gold on your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards! Your handmade pocket is fabulous; perfect for holding all the pretty daisies. Your green + gold card is a shimmery delight!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, As soon as I saw your pocket filled card I smiled from ear to ear and thought to myself this is going to be a great challenge! It is really fabulous! As for your green card...Love the richness of the green as it makes the gold really pop. Also, want to say thanks for being on board with little notice! take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The demin pocket is so fabulous Julie and filling it with pretty flowers was a great idea! Card two with the brusho background ( I have never used) and then the pop of the gold wreath! Bam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're both so beautiful Julie!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)