Monday 14 March 2022

Winter Scene

We've nearly hit the middle of the month, so it's time for a new challenge at Perfectly CAS.
Here's my card based on this month's cue card.



This is my 1st Christmas make of the year, despite all my best intensions! I love a Christmas bauble card and have made loads over the years, it's amazing what you can squeeze into a small space, for this scene, I used some NEBUS dies, as well as some old and trusted ones to make the little scene.
The houses and snowdrift dies are from a Whimsy Stamps set that Santa gave me for Christmas and hadn't had the opportunity to use yet, along with my go to Evergreen tree landscape die from Marianne Creatables that I've had for yonks. The bauble itself is made from a really ancient bauble hanger die and a simple die cut circle.
To begin, I inked my circle with a mix of DI blues and added some white gel pen snow or perhaps they are stars! I then added my snowdrifts and trees, edging them lightly with Chipped Sapphire DI. The house lights are simply a piece of golden yellow DP glued behind the open windows and a little Black Soot DI around the roofline allows them to stand out from the snowdrifts, any overhang was carefully trimmed away.
The snowdrift on the front of the scene was twinkled up with a mix of white and crystal Stickles.
Everything was then added to my white A6 base card and the sentiment from a retired Uniko set was stamped in black. I chose this stamp as I was able to curve it to the edge of the bauble, the thinner the stamp the easier it is. I even had to forgo my MISTI and stamped it freehand, very scary!

So where will you go with the cue. We'd love to see your takes but please make it CAS!
There are more CAS die cut ideas from the rest of the DT here.

15/3 - Edited to join in over at:-

https://peaceonearthchristmas.blogspot.com/2022/03/peace-on-earth-challenge-11.html
Anything Christmas
(Thanks for the head's up Darlene)

5 comments:

  1. Sweet card Jules! Love your winter scene ornament. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a fabulous holiday scene you've 'squeezed' into that bauble Jules! Beautiful CAS design teamie and I'd love it if you shared it with us over on our PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE. Such beautiful inspiration! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That snowy scene looks fab in the bauble Julie, and the colours are certainly appropriate at the moment. We have had two warm, sunny days and even walked the dogs in just a fleece this afternoon...it won't last!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful; love the CAS look. Thank you for sharing with us at the POE Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Free hand stamping is definitely scary! Very brave of you. LOL! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)