Wednesday 2 March 2022

Birthday Fishes Gill Friend

Good evening folks.
The beginning of another month, so time for a new challenge at HLS CAS.
Here's my take on this month's cue card.



I had one or two different ideas in my head but decided in the end to get this Gill Friend set from MFT out of it's wrapper and ink it up for the first time.
On a scrap of white card, I stamped the fish and coloured with Copics, then fussy cut them out.
On a white circle from the bits box, I inked an under water background, using a mix of Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron and Chipped Sapphire DIs. Once well dry, I stamped the sea vegetation, first with Versamark and heat embossed in white, then with Chipped Sapphire DOx, rubbing away the excess ink from the embossed areas. On a scrap strip of white card I stamped the sentiment and added the inked circle and sentiment strip on pads to a white linen effect note card, positioning the three little fish on the circle and gluing flat.
Where will the cue card take you? We'd love to see you in our gallery but PLEASE don't forget to keep it CAS!
There's more watery inspiration over on the HLS blog from the rest of the team.

3/3/22 edited to join in at:-
Thanks for the reminder Darnell!

8 comments:

  1. Super cute card love those fishes. Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright colors, Jules! You've really captured the underwater world! (I'd love to see it in the NBUS gallery.) Thank you for your best wishes for my upcoming surgery!🤞Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB make, lovely bright colours and the perfect way to showcase your NBUS, as a GDTM for March, thanks so much for sharing with us at NBUS

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very vibrant - love this underwater scene xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely CAS design Julie and underwater circle scene is so vibrant and beautifully ink blended.
    Hope you are well.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing your NBUS in action. What a super fun card, Julie! Love the boldly colored fish and the pretty inked background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pun and the super bright image. C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the punny sentiment and those sweet little fishes!! Great card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)