Tuesday 1 March 2022

STAMPlorations, Theme and Photo Prompt

Good morning.
STAMPloration challenges are back after our February break, starting with the new challenge at Theme and Photo prompt. Here's my card based on the new cue card.



When I saw this picture I thought fondly of my teaching days when I taught art through the whole of the Junior age range, I thoroughly enjoyed imparting my love of art to the children and hope they were equally enthused. 
Each year group looked at a different areas of art, linking in to what other things were going on with their studies. We looked at a huge variety of art and artists over the four years including, Year 3 Art Deco and Clarice Cliff pottery designs, Year 4, Native Art of Africa and America, Year 6, Pop Art and in Year 5 we did a term looking at the works of Piet Mondrian. One of the tasks was based on Mondrian's paintings using primary colours and black grids and this was the inspiration for my card. 


A few years ago Cornelia, one of STAMPlorations Alumni made this card and as I was looking through my stamps for shape stamps, I remembered it and thought I would CASE it.

Using the rectangular frame stamp from Frames and Flowers, I stamped an overlapping grid in black ink on a white A6 panel of card. Where the frames overlapped I coloured some of the sections with Copic markers in black and primary colours. I used Y15, R24, B28 and C10, a better match than pure black.
On a square of black card, cut using the small square die from A2 panel Nesting dies, I stamped the sentiment from Life in Full Color in Versamark and then embossed with white EP, deciding to double mount the sentiment by adding a slightly larger white the black panel underneath before adding to my finished, coloured panel. There were lots of other sentiments from the set which would have worked just as well.
So where will the cue card take you? We'd love to see your takes in the gallery this month.
For more inspiration, check out the rest of the team here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)