Tuesday 16 February 2021

Color Hues #12

Good afternoon. 
I took the OH for his first Covid-19 jab this morning, the vaccination site was a few miles away but plenty of parking and lots of helpful stewards pointing the way. No hanging around around here with under the 65's, I got the call Monday afternoon and appointment booked for less than 48 hours later, so I'm off tomorrow. Hopefully there'll be no side effects and the second jab will come around sooner than we think. 
Anyway, as we are over halfway through February and rushing on towards March, it's time for another challenge at Color Hues.
Here is my take on the new colours.


I must admit to having some difficulty deciding where peach stops and orange begins, so I hope I've hit the right mix of peachy tones in this no line watercoloured bloom. Peach to me is a mix of pinky oranges with a hint of yellow, just as in a real peach!
To start, I took a panel of MM paper and stamped this fab Uniko peony bloom in Altenew's Morning Frost, before using a combination of Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade and Abandoned Coral to paint each individual petal, adding some Chipped Sapphire as cast shadow. For the leaves I used the same Chipped Sapphire as well as Mowed Lawn and Crushed Olive.
I fussy cut the bloom and then created the background from the greens that were left on my palette, smooshing them onto a panel of card a few times, drying between each smoosh. 
The peony was popped up on pads over the trimmed down smooshed panel and a black sentiment strip added. My completed panel was then adhered to an A6 base card and a few green and gold PPP sequins added.
Where will you go with the colours? So far you've amazed us with your creativity and made life very difficult to choose our winners! There's more fab colour inspiration by the rest of the DT, over on the Color Hues blog just in case you do need some inspiration.

9 comments:

  1. So pleased that Hubby has been jabbed and that you are to have yours soon Julie. I had the Pfizer vaccine, at the beginning of January, and suffered no side effects whatsoever. We have injected over 5000 patients now and have had only one reaction on site that needed immediate treatment and she had history of anaphylaxis. Your card is gorgeous, that is definitely a perfect shade of peach. Beautifully done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could stare at this for hours Julie! I loved reading your creative process too. I could try 100 times and I don't think I could ever produce something this beautiful! As for your Covid shots! Yipeeeeeee! I am so happy to hear this! I pray you and hubby are feeling fine with no side effects! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to imagine a more beautiful floral than this peony, and you have colored it to perfection! It's a stunning design as well! My husband got his vaccination yesterday; no serious side effects. Mine is scheduled for Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The UK really has the vaccination process figured out! I'd say you have the peach hue figured out on this gorgeous flower. Absolutely beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Schitterende kaart
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW so beautiful ... absolutely stunning, I love the perfect colored flower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with this beautiful card, Julee! The coloring is amazing and the smooshed background sets it off perfectly. Your shades of peach and green are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. STUNNING card Jules! Your peony is GORGEOUS! Great fussy-cutting and perfect background. This is definitely a WOW card! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)