Wednesday 24 February 2021

Sent with love

Hi, how are you? Are you pleased that there is going to be a lifting of lockdown restrictions or worried that its all come a little too soon. I must say I'm a little on the fence with this. I can see it from both sides, but I do think that there is at last a light at the end of the tunnel as vaccinations proceed at a pace.

Anyway as we are still in lockdown I have been getting crafty for crafty sake and made a card to enter in a few challenges and not just for a DT commitment.


I made this card for a number of challenges, Less is More is still celebrating 10yrs and want to see OL and flowers, whilst AAA would like us to follow their sketch and JUGS want rainbow colours.
So with a nod to all three this is what I came up with using a LOTV stamp from long ago.
Stamped in Altenew's Pure Graphite and heat embossed with clear EP, I coloured it with a selection of bright rainbow colours using my Zig watercolour brushmarkers. To add a bit of extra without loosing the OL, I embossed a scalloped frame and then added the heat embossed LOTV sentiment in the same way as the outlined vase of flowers. The vase reminds me of one I actually own and is currently say on my hall table with a few supermarket spray chrysanths.

Simples, if a little fiddly to paint!
Keep safe out there and keep crafting.

Joining in over at:-



10 comments:

  1. Great way to give the “impression” of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Julie! Love the way you framed your lovely vase of flowers! Such a great card! Love seeing you in our gallery at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty vase of flowers, beautifully coloured and a fab use of an embossed frame.
    Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a lovely vase of flowers, Julie. Clean and simple with the wonderful added embossing. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card. the embossed frame looks fantastic. I'm not sure either Julie, I can't wait to have a cuddle with Mollie but I am still concerned about my Mum. It is going to be a while before I am prepared to give up my face covering though!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun floral image, makes a smashing card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and great idea to emboss keeping it one layer! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More and AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've added such a lot of interest for a one layer design, Jules and the colouring is so pretty. I'm with you about the easing of lockdown - I can't wait for it to come but a bit scared it's too soon as well! No pleasing me lol!
    Take care.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet card Jules. LOVE that beautiful vase of flowers. The debossed framing looks fabulous. As you can see from all the emails you are getting from me ... I finally had a chance to catch up on weeks of not being able to visit. February was a very busy month! Enjoyed looking at all your makes over the past few weeks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely, Jules, so pretty. What a gorgeous stamp, LOTV sure did some lovely ones, I must dig mine out. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More.
    I'm still not sure about the lockdown easing yet, I think once we can I'll feel comfortable visiting family or a friend but I'm certainly not going to be rushing out to the shops or pubs. The numbers have been very low down here throughout but I still feel very uneasy about it all.
    Stay safe my friend x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)