Tuesday 23 February 2021

Brusho and Sympathy

Good morning.
Time for a new challenge over at Cardz4Guyz. This time we've chosen -

THINKING OF YOU

Sympathy cards spring to mind with this prompt but I'm sure there are other interpretations you'll come up with. Some people find masculine cards difficult and I think sympathy ones doubly so. For my take, I kept it CAS, my fall back state and used masculine colours.


I'm determined to use my odds and ends up so that I don't run out of card stock before I can get to the stationers, so I found this aperture panel in my bits box and cut the MB Fresh Foliage from some more matching white scrap. I had to go through quite a bit of white scrap, there are lots of whites out there, before I found a piece that matched! 
The background panel is a scrap of card coloured with Brusho crystals in Violet and Turquoise. I just love how the colour bursts from the dry powder when you add water. I think I added too much water and most of the colours blended together but they do blend beautifully too!
I popped the die cut sprig behind the aperture then added foam pads before adding to the coloured base. My sentiment from Uniko, was stamped with Altenew's Pure Graphite, heat embossed with clear gloss EP, then trimmed and added to my card.
A quick, simple design using scraps from my box of bits. Hopefully I wont need it in the near future but its there in the made cards if I should.
For more inspiration, please check out the rest of the team here.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, they have definitely blended beautifully Julie and make the white really stand out. A lovely card to have waiting just in case. We saw the sun yesterday...hoorah...I was at work though but had high hopes for today. Alas it's not to be, the darn rain has come back again!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous mix of brusho colours for your background. I do love this die --- it's a classic. Beautiful sympathy card Jules! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)