Monday 1 February 2021

Color Hues#11- Always and Forever

Afternoon, is it February already? Well as it's the first of the month it's time for a new colour combo at Color Hues. We've gone for a romantic colourway this month of Valentine's Day. Here is my take.



I've made quite a few cards using strips of card as backgrounds but for this card I made them the star of the show! I'd seen this card by Norine Borys and thought the black outline together with the striped
die cut was very striking so decided to make my take on it using the challenge colours.

I used Altenew's Hibiscus stamp set, it is a big bold outline stamp set, perfect for the background. After stamping and masking the different elements to create my spray, I went to work on my scrap box. As I've had a lot of time on my hands recently, I decided to have a clear out and tidy my bits and bobs. I also wanted to use some of them up and the striped backgrounds are a perfect way. You can buy dies to do the job but I just eyeballed it. The 1/4" strips were glued to a scrap of copy paper before lining up the Tall Alphabet Dies from Altenew onto my panel. I tried my best to line them up so that the lines of the strips followed the horizontal. When cut out, I placed them above a sentiment strip stamped with Always and Forever from Uniko's Always and Forever set. The result, I feel, is quite romantic without being too mushy!

So for more red and pink inspiration please check out the rest of the girls over at the Color Hues blog, then why not join in?

I'm joining in over at :-

Used fussy cut masks to create the spray

5 comments:

  1. A great take on your inspiration! This works really well, and I love the red and pink cardstock strips on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is amazing!! I love the simplicity of the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. I love the pop of color on the word die cut. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did hear Julie! The striped greeting was brilliant! Such a great design! Thanks for playing over at Just Us Girls and making our colors shine at Color Hues too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, your card is fabulous - and I love those strips! You've had a fun time arranging them round blogland, I see! So fun!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)