Monday 14 December 2020

Cutie Pie White Christmas

 Morning all. Just popping by to share a card I made for my OH for Christmas using a freebie stamp of these two cute hedgies. They were part of a set free in a mag a couple of years ago, that I've already shared this year and although small, pack a cute punch! I was inspired to enter the latest challenge at The Cutie Pie Challenge where their theme is White on White.


This a 5 x 7 card and as the image is tiny in comparison, it took a bit of thought to get the layout to work. I used my fave EF folder to create the snowy background, after I'd cut out a heart shape for my sentiment. A few die cut snowdrifts courtesy of a set of Avery Elle dies were added to the base of the panel and the fussy cut, Copic coloured hedgies added on foam pads. The sentiment, also from the free set, was stamped in the heart and then popped back into its aperture, reminds me of a line from Last Christmas by Wham that was playing on the BBC red button channel as I turned off  the recoding box last night!  You know where he says 'This year I'll give it to someone special.' 
The completed panel was then added to the base card.

According to one of the local papers, we could get a sugar sifting of snow on Christmas Day, at least we wont be fretting about how everyone will get here as we are going solo this year, what with all this pandemic stuff, Christmas greetings will be of the virtual kind. 
It would be fun to have a little snow but I wouldn't want inches, the sheep have still to be looked after! We can get easily cut off as we live a good 1/4mile from the road, which in itself is only a lane. Our drive has a bit of a dip that fills up with snow, given half a chance!! We were cut off for days a few years ago and could only get out in the car by driving across frozen fields after the wind had blown the snow onto the track. At one point I did suggest that the OH could get the tractor out to visit the supermarket for essentials but we did manage without in the end.


Anyway there's sunshine and showers at the moment and plenty of time for the Met office to change their minds!

I'd like to join in over at:-

Christmas

White Christmas

Have yourself a merry little Christmas -option based on a song/carol

7 comments:

  1. I know that feeling Julie, we have animals as well and also live down a single track road miles from anywhere and as it's so flat here in the Fens always get snow drifts and cut off (more than usual).

    A lovely CAS creation and perfect for our Christmas theme at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, so cute too, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, this is such a gorgeous card this adorable image is perfect for either of the Cutie challenges

    Merry Christmas and thank you for playing along xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. The boys would LOVE a white Christmas, though obviously would be way better if it was safe enough to spend it with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We usually get loads of snow in the winter so I know what you're talking about :). Your card is lovely! Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us @ Cutie Pies.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. Love the cute hedgehogs. Thanks for joining in with us at Cutie Pie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)