Tuesday 15 December 2020

Sending Christmas Cheer

Good morning all. Are your Christmas preparations on schedule or are you playing catch up?
I must admit that we are having a very low key Christmas this year. Usually we gear our celebrations around the grandkids but they are staying put as the Covid restrictions for Christmas in the UK make getting together rather difficult, there would be one set of Grandparents missing out so my daughter decided to stay at home with the kids and OH so that no one would have to choose. Hopefully we will be back to something more like normality by next year.  We are also not doing the full blown Christmas turkey lunch, my OH has requested fish finger butties, in his dreams!!! The trees are up though, including one of our home grown ones, rather misshapen as it was impeded whilst growing, but it does fit into the sung around the bookcase!
Anyway, its Tuesday so there's another challenge for you from Cardz4Guyz, just in case you need inspiration for a last minute Christmas card. Our theme is -

SNOWMEN/MAN

Here's my singular snowman!


I used this cute LOTV digi snowman, I bought the set last year but didn't get around to using them 'til now!
As the challenge over at the Male Room is for tartan and or plaid, I decided to paper piece his scarf, gloves and hat band with some red tartan NitWits DP, shading with some Copic markers. I used the same markers to colour the rest of him, then fussy cut him out.
There's a new challenge for lovers of embossing folders called Let's Squash it. I love EFs and have a box stuffed full with them and this card was the perfect opportunity for me to join in this month as the theme is to use fussy cutting or die cuts with an EF. Here I've embossed my base card with my favourite Cuttlebug folder, falling snow I think its called, die cut snowdrifts and the fussy cut snowman.
For the sentiment, I went with something different, using a mixture of Uniko sentiment stamps.
That's about it really, a simple design perfect for a masculine recipient. For more snowmen related inspiration, check out the rest of the DT here.

Here are my two trees side by side.



Joining in over at:-


Cuttlebug EF, fussy cut snowman and Avery Elle die cut snowdrifts

9 comments:

  1. Wow this card is stunning!! Love this snowman! I have to get him :)
    Wish you a Merry X-mas! Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a charming snowman stamp!! Very whimsical and fun!! I love the bit of dimension you gave him with your fussy cutting and paper piecing! Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks great against the snowy background and I love his plaid scarf! Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trees look fab and the card does too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a jolly snowman and I love the paper pieced plaid scarf and hat band. We finally got festive last weekend and put the tree up. Yours look wonderful and both environmentally friendly too!! We haven't had a real tree for many years now, I just can't bear them being cut down. Grow your own seems like a fabulous idea, must mention it to Martin, we could spare half an acre!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fab paper piecing, your snowman looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE your snowman and his plaid scarf and the fact he is layered, he has great depth on the snow, love the embossing too, a wonderful card. Thank you so much for joining us in our Tartan & Plaid challenge at The Male Room this week.I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT


    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Lovely snowman. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love your paper pieced snowman! Perfect with the embossed background!! So glad you sent this one to Let's Squash It!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)