Saturday 8 August 2020

Mono printing with Stencils at Uniko

Morning all, hope I find you well.
I'm over on the Uniko blog with a few cards using stencils and mono-printing.
I'd never tried this before but after watching the fab Jennifer McGuire I had a go and ended up with two fun panels.
The base panel was inked with Picked Raspberry and Salty Ocean DI before being spritzed with water and sandwiched with my stencil and a plain white card panel.
I love the texture you get with this technique. Here are a few cards I made.
This first card uses the layout from Freshly Made Sketches and a strip of the darker of my two panels, slipped behind textured lined panels. A simple stamped, uncoloured small peony bloom from Pure Florals - Peony keeps it simple, uncoloured so that the panel shines, the sentiment is from Simply Said Blocks.
For the second card I used a panel die cut from the paler print and the same bloom, again not coloured so as not to distract from the background. This time the sentiment from the peony set is stamped on matching linen cardstock.

My final card uses a slightly different technique to create the background. Instead of a piece of white card I added a cut down baby wipe over the stencil in the sandwich and ran it through a few times in the die cut machine as before. This time I rang the changes and used the Fun Flower stencil. The damp baby wipe lifts away the ink where it peeks through the stencil to leave this soft effect. The panel was inked with Tumbled Glass DI this time.

I really enjoyed playing around with my stencils and new techniques, further details can be found over on the Uniko blog.

I'd like to join in over at:-

5 comments:

  1. Prachtige kaarten mooie kleuren
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coloured panel where you can just see the pattern. Very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cards. Love the blue one with the embossed butterflies. Thanks for sharing with us at seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous stencil work!! I love how you have the pattern peeking through with the black and white flower for our sketch - Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty set of cards! I love the blended backgrounds and these gorgeous peonies. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)