Tuesday 11 August 2020

Gone Fishing

Morning all. 
Hope you have survived the roasting hot weekend and not suffered with the forecast thunderstorms.
At least the last week of hot dry weather around here has enabled us to get the hay cut, baled and stored from the two fields nearest the house. They look so different now that the cut grass is starting to sprout again. If we do get the thunderstorms it with certainly quicken up the greening process!
We've not taken hay off these fields before, last year we tried but ended up cutting and wrapping it because of the weather, the sheep did not appreciate it either. Perhaps it was a good thing that they din't need much extra feed this winter! There's still the far meadow to cut so hopefully the hay bay will be stuffed this year with a more tasty offering than last, not that I want a hard winter!

So down to the reason for this post, a new challenge at Cardz4Guyz:-

GONE FISHING

Sea, coarse or fly, we don't mind but it has to be masculine in design.
Here is my DT inspiration using LOTV's Gone Fishing, one of the first I ever bought but when checking back I've only ever used twice!


I framed the Copic coloured image with a square aperture cut from linen effect card. Some rustic twine and a couple of LOTV label greetings complete my CAS design.

So what will you come up with? We'd love to see you in our gallery this time. If you need more inspiration, why not check out the rest of the team here.

Joining in over at:-


Grab our logo
Make it Masculine

9 comments:

  1. This is lovely Julie, the reflection is fantastic actually!! We have horses everywhere this year so haven't made any hay which I think we may live to regret. Our usual supplier only made 200...he usually has 600+ the dry spring has certainly a lot to answer for!! Hope you are ok xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super LOTV image, great colours and colouring, lovely background. Thank you for joining our 'Masculine' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect image for the the guys and nice design as well, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Masculine' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading your post. Your world and your day to day life intrigues me. It sounds hard but at the same time so rewarding. Thanks for sharing it with us. Your card is so precious! Your coloring is sensational Julie! So glad this caught my eye at JUGS or I would have missed it. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous scene and lovely image. Great card for any male!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute image and you've colored it beautifully, Julie. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, mum! Fantastic colouring as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such an adorable card Jules. I LOVE this sweet fishing scene ... and your colouring is awesome! Congrats on getting the hay cut, baled and stored ... I can imagine that is A LOT of work, especially with hot temps. Hopefully it cools down for your, but stay warm enough to get your other field looked after. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)